Chapter 13

Beth was ecstatic. She was pregnant with Daryl baby, of course she couldn't show it since it would ruin her plan.

"Anyway, you have two choices you can give it up for adoption or you could-" Doctor Sloan said but was interrupted

"I'm keeping it, the baby didn't do anything wrong." Beth said.

"You are not keeping it, you have a life to get back too." Hershel said.

"Dad, it's her decision" Maggie said.

"You shut it" Hershel said then turned to Doctor Sloan. "Schedule an a-"

"Hershel, shut up I'm keeping the baby and if you don't like it then leave." Beth said. Both Hershel and Maggie looked taken aback, Hershel then turned and left the room slamming the door on his way out. "I'm sorry Maggie but I am tired of him telling me how to live my life."

"No need to apologize too me, I'm fine if you want to stay with me and I will help raise the baby with you." Maggie said.

"Thanks Mags" Beth said.

"I would advise you to go home and buy some prenatal vitamins beside that all you need to do is sign the discharge papers and you can go home." He said then left.

"I will wait outside in the waiting room." Maggie said before leaving. Beth took a moment to be happy about the baby as she got out of bed and took her hospital gown off. She put her hand on her stomach and made a promise that this baby would not grow up without a father.

After getting dressed into clothes that Maggie brought Beth grabbed the briefcase and left the room. She met Maggie, Glenn and Liz in the waiting room.

"What's in the briefcase?" Glenn asked.

"Something that belongs to me now." Beth said. Glenn could tell Beth didn't want to talk about it so he left it alone.

"Come on let's go home" Maggie said. They all left the hospital and got into Maggie's car then Maggie drove them all back to Atlanta, Georgia. Six hours and fourty one minutes later they had entered Atlanta and were almost home. As they were driving they past the place where it all began, Beth pushed back the tears and focused on the mission, get Daryl back.

They arrived at Maggie's and Beth got out and stared at the now unfamiliar sight of Maggie and Glenn's house. She had lived here off and on since graduating five months ago but now it felt foreign. Someone touched her shoulder and she looked to see Maggie's worried gaze.

"I'm fine, it's just good to be home." She lied making Maggie smile.

"Come on let's get you something to eat you must be hungry." She said.

"Yeah I am" she said following Maggie inside. It was going to be a long three months.

Three months later

It had been a long three months and she was so worried about Daryl, but she focused on doing research privately about place to go. She had also been in touch with a guy who knew Merle and was on Merle's call list. She had talked to Merle and told him of her plan and he thought she was crazy at first but he told her of some guy that owed him a favor and told her to let him talk to some people and he would get back to her. He did eventually get back to her and told her he found a guy who was willing to help us escape prison and ship us all to Spain.

She had also found out that Daryl wasn't in good shape, Michael had found out that he had kidnapped a girl and beat the crap out of him. It was so bad that Daryl was sent to a hospital for at least a week. Merle took care of it by having some of his guys take care of Michael. She knew what that meant and she didn't care. Good riddens. Merle also said that Sarah was doing well and that she was sent to the woman's block.

The trial that sentenced Daryl to fifteen years in prison and Sarah and Merle to ten was a hard one. Beth wasn't showing at the time so no one knew but her family. She had to keep her reaction to Daryl walking into the courtroom in chains to herself. She was sad and angry about it, she knew he didn't deserve that. Daryl stared at her when he saw her and Beth had to check to make sure Maggie wasn't looking at her before she gave him a small smile which he returned.

Now that it was time to put their plan into place Beth was excited yet nervous. The plan is that they were get Daryl, Sarah, and Merle transfered in the next few days, the bus they were get transferred on will be ambushed by Merle's friends then they will bring them to a meeting point in Columbia, South Carolina, where Beth will meet them and then they will all be put on a boat and shipped to Spain. The plans all rested on Maggie letting Beth use her car to see Daryl and give him the plans and some information plus she needed to go buy a car to get her to Columbia cause she wasn't taking Maggie's

"Hey Maggie"

"Yes" Maggie said changing Liz's diaper.

"I want to go to see my kidnapper." She said. Maggie froze as she threw away the dirty diaper.

"You what?" Maggie said shocked.

"My therapist said that I need to confront my fears so I can move on so I decided to do that so I need to borrow your car." Beth said. Maggie finished putting a clean diaper on Liz before picking her up and turning to face Beth. She stared at Beth for a second before sighing.

"Fine but take Glenn" she said. Beth knew that would happen so she planned to make him stay in the waiting room while she talks to him.

"Deal" she said then turned and left. She went downstairs and grabbed the keys from the key holder before going to find Glenn. She found him in the game room watching football.

"Hey Glenn, Maggie said you had to come with me to prison to see my kidnapper." Glenn spit out his soda he was drink.

"You are going to meet the guy who kidnapped you and got you pregnant, are you crazy?" He asked.

"Just get up and come on visiting hours just started." Beth said. Glenn groaned and stood up.

"Fine let's go" he said taking the keys from her. They left the house and drove an hour to the prison and once they were there they walked in and Beth turned to Glenn.

"I need you to go sit down while I visit him." Beth said.

"Wait, you're going alone?" He asked.

"Yes, I will be fine we are separated by plastic shield and there are guards inside with him." She said.

"Fine" he said then went and sat down. Beth went up to the receptionist and smiled.

"Who are you here to see?" The woman asked.

"Daryl Dixon" Beth said.

"And what is your name?" She asked.

"I'm Beth Dixon"

"You are the wife correct?" She asked.

"Yes" Beth said.

"Sign this slip" she said. Beth signed the slip before giving it back.

"Okay, Megan is going to take you back to the visiting area." She said. A blonde haired woman came up to Beth and lead her through a door to a place where all loved ones of prisoners meet with them. Beth sat down on a small seat and waited as Megan left the room. A door on the other side of the bullet proof window opened and in walks Daryl.