Chapter 14

Beth's breath caught in her throat as he walked up to his seat. He smiled at her when he sat down before they both picked up the phones on the wall and put it to their ears.

"Hey beautiful" he said.

"Hey how are you, Merle told me what happened last month?" She asked.

"I'm fine, I had some bruised ribs and a cut on my leg that's it." He said.

"I'm glad you are okay." She said then looked away trying not to cry.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just hate seeing you like this." She said. Daryl didn't know she was pregnant, she wore a size to big sweat shirt so he wouldn't see it wanting to surprise him.

"I know babe but you've got to be strong." He said.

"I know but that doesn't mean I don't miss you." She said then paused. It was now or never. She pulled out the sonogram and put it against the glass.

"Congratulation babe, you're a father to a beautiful baby girl." Beth watched his face go from shock to happiness in seconds. She then stood up putting the phone and the sonogram down then  lifting her sweatshirt over her growing stomach and he stared at her shirt covered belly in wonder. She pulled the sweatshirt down then sat down and picked up the phone and the sonogram. She looked over to the guard who was trying to get another inmate to his seat. She flipped the sonogram over and he saw the words she put on the back. Transfer is an ambush. Freedom will come. She quickly put the sonogram down before the guard went back to the door.

"Are you kidding?" He asked.

"No , I was thinking of taking a trip before the baby comes, I thought it would be cool to bring the family and maybe stay wherever I'm going."

"And you have everything ready for this trip." He asked.

"I have everything ready I just needed to talk to you." She said.

"Well I hope it works out." He said.

"Have a little faith in your wife." She glared.

"I do have faith, I just don't want anything bad to happen to you or our child." He said.

"Nothing will happen because I'm not doing anything but meeting up with people." She said.

"I'm guessing your family doesn't know that you are going on this trip." He said.

"Nope, I have been planning this since they took you away from me." She said putting her hand on the glass. He put his on where hers was.

"I love you baby" he said.

"Love you too" she said.

"Times up, if you all will head to the exit." The guard said.

"I don't want to leave you." She said.

"I will see you again." He said. A guard came up to her and Daryl growled at him. "Don't touch her"

Beth looked at the guy to see he was grinning evily at Daryl. Beth didn't like that so she stood up and backed away. The dude stepped closer to her making Daryl stand up and bang on the glass.

"Valdez, back away from the girl." The guard behind Daryl said. "You are trying to rile him up."

Beth looked at Daryl then at Valdez who was standing between her and the door to leave. She ran for it and he grabbed the back of her sweatshirt, Daryl roared in outrage. Beth turned and kneed him in the balls, he fell to the floor letting her go. She looked at Daryl to see the worry in his gaze.

"I'm okay, the baby is okay" she said making him calm down enough to be taken back inside the prison. Beth quickly left and found Glenn.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Fine but the guards here need to learn manners." Beth said then turned and almost ran into the guard who was behind Daryl.

"I'm sorry for Valdez's behavior, he's an asshole and thanks to you he is finally going to be fired." He said.

"Well you're welcome I think" she said.

"No thank you" he said before turning and leaving.

"Who is Valdez and what did he do?" Glenn asked as they exited the building.

"Let's just say he deserved the knee in the balls." Beth said getting in the passager seat. Glenn got in chuckling and drove them home, all Beth could think about was being with Daryl again.

Hope you liked it