Fighting Pain with Pain ☘

My sudden interest in violence worried Sam

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

My sudden interest in violence worried Sam. Even though she happily took me to the fight club but her eyes kept questioning my sanity. Jack, on the other hand, was still on rest and though he was fine for the daily task but he could not fight in the arena yet.

That doesn't stop him from practicing every day with a fuelled hate for Satan.

And here I was standing watching the fight between Satan and another fighter named Claw. I noticed few things about Jeremy as the fight started and he gave me a smile that scared a part of me but intrigued the other. He always fought with a full sleeves shirt on and I assume that is because of his tattoos and his star reputation that came along.

He was oblivious to the crowd when he fought, he was in his own world with the opponent his sole prey. And I noticed how he got hit, mostly on purpose.

As Claw went down with a well-planted uppercut on his jaw, Jeremy looked deadpanned. He had no ounce of regret or happiness on a win. He just stood there breathing deeply.

And I know why he invited me to the fight, he wanted to show how dangerous he was. But what he did not know that I lived with dangers all my life. 

The second round of fight started even before his injuries could be tended to and the opponent called Steel was worse than before. He was bulky, quick on feet and almost as ruthless as Jeremy was but Jeremy was called Satan for a reason as he took the hits well enough to make the other opponent feel like he was winning and then he snaked his armed around Steel's neck and gripped it tighter.

Steel kept jabbing his elbow at Satan but he bore the pain with patience. My stomach recoiled in pain and I bit my lip hard to stop the scream as Jeremy coughed out blood. But his grip on Steel never loosened. Steel was growing short of breath and kind of blue as he eyes bulged out and he gasped for air.

Jeremy looked unperturbed at making a man reach the edge of his life and I should have felt disgusted about this but who was I to judge. I don't know why he was like that and I had a feeling he was not doing this to enjoy.

As Steel forfeited, Jeremy won another fight. He walked back to the locker room disappearing into the darkness of the backdoor.

"I have to go," I said to Sam who held on to my wrist.

"This place is filled with indecent men Reen, where are you going?" She sounded curious.

"I have a work to do." I shrugged at a lame attempt of lying.

She contemplated for a moment with her eyes narrowed at me and then freed my hand. 

"I need you back at the factory in half an hour." I nodded not making any promises and literally pushed through the crowd to reach the locker room I got in easily because several times I and Sam came here to pick up a beat up Jack.

Lostजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें