Good Decision ☘

"Don't throw that glass, Jeremy," Ash warned probably sensing the rage building in me

Honestly, I was going to shatter the glass in my hand but I stopped and gave him a dry look as if this was not my intention.

"For the hundredth time, what is wrong with you?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I gave him the same answer.

"Sure." He sounded bored now.

"Maybe I can help Jeremy."

He can't, no one can.

"I know it is something related to Maureen and I know that she has not been around for more than a week  now." Ash was such a detective when it came to me it made me both angry and amused at the same time.

"She is ignoring me for some reason," I said in reluctance.

"No, ignoring won't work on you. You would have dragged her here somehow. She must be being hateful or rude." 

"Are you an undercover detective Ash?" I asked surprised how he knew all this.

His smug smile didn't help.

"I am your manager, I know you well that's all."

"Fine then what is your judgment on my current situation?" I asked just for the fun of it.

"Maureen is hiding something from you. I have seen the girl and how she looks at you so there is no reason to suddenly start hating you unless you gave her one which I don't think you have, knowing how you feel about her. So you need to keep nagging her till she shares her secret or the reason for avoiding you."

Wait a minute, how did she look at me?

"I don't have feelings for her," I said in a strained tone.

"Yes, Jeremy denial is a healthy thing. Sure, whatever you say." Ash was being sarcastic with me.

But I was not annoyed at him because right now he did give me hope.

***

"Where is she?" I asked Sam who seemed to be in on the plan.

"She is hiding and wants nothing to do with you." Sam was oddly cold with me.

"Do you want to get fired, Sam?" I used the threatening card since I was desperate.

The uneasiness crossed her face but she recovered quickly.

"I want to meet her," I demanded but Sam simply walked away infuriating me further.

"Why?" She finally asked when I kept following her around.

Because she has become my one healthy habit because I needed to see her like we needed the sun for morning to begin because I was fucking weak when it came to her and let my heart follow its own rhythm when it comes to her.