Testing Fate ☘

Jack came up with the idea after I grilled him about Jeremy. It kind of hurt a little when I realized the people closest to me kept secrets from me. As if Jeremy could hide something from me. I knew about him even when we were almost strangers, its like I could read him like a book I happen to love reading countless times.

He was fighting in the arena and the time I came to know about this I was devastated. It just spoke the amount I was hurting him. 

I picked his hoodie to wear because as weird as it sounded, he liked me in his clothes. It was a two size big for me and I felt weaker than I did. My whole body was lost somewhere in that large clothing but it was comfortable and warm.

The mob boss was involved in the ring of fighting so Jeremy was going as an undercover fighter according to our plan. Because this way reporters will never know that Jeremy the heartthrob was actually a part of this illegal club.

We were spinning the whole tale according to our advantage. Jeremy will be there when Police will walk in and he will be revealed to reporters as an accomplice of the police department. And this way all the fighters will be caught and interrogated. Besides the fighters, there are drug dealers, men from the mob and those gambled on the fight.

Jeremy agreed to this but he didn't want me to come since this was risky and dangerous. But this I was not letting him walk in this alone. He will be surrounded by enemies and this is the time he needed someone he could trust around.

Not only this was helping Jeremy stay clear of bad media, Jack was also being recruited by police and I came to know he had been doing this for some time since he found out that I was dying.

The fight of life was starting and I stood in the furthest corner with pain all over my body. I was hiding in the shadows but right before the fight started Jeremy's eye found me even in that dark corner. Behind the mask, he was that old Jeremy filled with pain and venting out his anger on the opponent but now there was an undeniable change in him.

There was a grace to his moves rather than the brutality.

And I sighed in relief as I saw the change I brought in him, that he allowed me to make. Just a few minutes in that staged fight, police came charging in. Many tried to run but the place was barricaded from all ends. The plan went as we wanted till the Reggie walked in with guns blazing and few policemen of his own.

Someone inside the force was a spy and told the mob boss and his team. Reggie seemed fine now and he was ready to kill. I was too scared to move and my body was numb now. But a familiar pair of hands lifted me in his arms and I realized Jeremy was helping me escape now. 

Everything turned into a chaos. Police was trying their best to contain the damage and to take few criminals for questioning and reach the source of the problem.

The mob boss himself was clever as he sent his goons to distract the police. Reggie was there to kill and something told me he knew that I was there. My stepdad was also part of the destruction now as he shot a few times at random people to create more havoc.

The only thing that could convey my emotion in that moment was my eyes and tears streaming down from them as I even struggled to speak.

Jeremy put me down in his car and was about to go back.

With all my energy I clutched his sleeves begging him to stay with me right then as my mind and body betrayed under the pressure of pain.

"I will be back Magenta." He said in the softest of the tone.

My nimble fingers in that moment couldn't keep a hold on him as he slipped from my grasp and went away.

***

My eyes opened and I was inside the hospital. Panic hit me and uneasiness crept on my chest.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"You have surgery for the brain tumor in two hours." The nurse there responded.

"Where is my husband?" I asked the most important question right now.

"I am here Magenta." His voice almost made me dizzy with relief.

There were few bandages here and there but he was fine.

"Sam and Jack?"

"Fine."

"And the mission?" I asked.

"Half successful." 

"How is that?"

"We caught Reggie, your stepdad, and few other men. I am a star." He said proudly.

"You were already a star." I chuckled at his words.

No one talked about the impending surgery since we both knew it could be my last moment if surgery was unsuccessful. It was also the worst case scenario since I could die during surgery or they could just be unsuccessful and I will live for few more weeks at the best.

"I made another list." Jeremy gave me a paper where his script was written.

On the back of it was the list he was talking about.

I choked back tears as I realized how much this man here loved me.

"This is insane." I chuckled at his list.

Half of it didn't make sense but I guess so did mine.

"Why would I pay to die?" I asked about the fourth thing, skydiving on his list.

He laughed out loud at that.

"I am scared of heights so I want to give this a try to fight my fear."

"Fine, let's do this," I said it but my heart constricted slightly with the fear.

There were other things as well.

"Making me strip dance is your wish." I was half amused half shocked.

"Yes." He agreed without any hesitation.

I narrowed my eyes and waited for him to explain but he just stared back with that intense expression that charged my nerves.

"Fine, I will do that as well."

And even though others were as weird as me strip dancing for Jeremy, he made me agree to all of it.

The two hours, most important two hours of my life were gone.

And as doctors walked in I know it was time for putting fate to test.

☘ ☘ ☘

Yeah, well cliffhanger is expected at this point xD

I am still not sure how I am going to end this story so just.....God Help Me!

As this story ends, we will embark on a new journey and after 28th I will be back to being...me. More active :)