I Can't Lie

Niall's POV

Jen hasn't talked to me today. Well, why? Last night. But guess what? Harry has.  You let him scare you off. (A/N: in the next chapter it will explain about what he meant by Harry talked to him and scaring him off.) Now I have to stay in a different hotel. Damn it Niall! Why did you have to let your feelings get the best of you? Why did you have to ruin your friendship? Now, you lost two people. Or did you? Niall stop screwing things up.

I bet they'd never talk to you again.

My mind raced with thoughts. "Stop!" I finally said aloud. I put my hands over my head and shook furiously. I felt a sudden burst of anger, frustration, confusion, misery bolt on myself. Why did I have to keep it for so long and finally have the courage to tell Jen? And what? To get Harry furious with me, and Jen not even wanting to be romantically involved with me.

But it's only noon, maybe she'll talk to you soon. Stop worrying.

Worry. She hates you. Don't talk to her again. Remember what he said.

That's when I got up and just punched the wall. "MOTHERF-C--R!"

Jen's pov

"Harry, where are you taking me?" I looked up at him, a smile on his face as he gazed down into my eyes. "Somewhere Jen."  I pouted. "Why? Is it a secret or something?" 

"No, we are just going shopping that's all." He answered and led me into the mall. I shoved Harry at the thought of shopping. I didn't need material things. He slipped his hand over my shoulder and pressed me a little bit closer to his side.

"Harry..." I whined.

"What? You are mine." he said as we passed some guys. I caught him glaring at the guys with his words said in a tone of guard. I shook my head knowing for sure he was acting like this just because he wanted to send the message that I'm his to the other males. I guess Niall didn't get that.

"Why here?" I stopped dead in my tracks in front of a Channel store. "Because, it's a nice store, and maybe I should get you something fancy."

"I don't want anything here Harry." I gave him a slight frown in which he reciprocated back. "Come on, you never like to be showered with gifts, and I'm just trying to be sweet by giving it to you!" his voice got a bit louder, but he wasn't directly yelling at me. "If you want to give me gifts and be sweet, do something from the heart. Not just something that you would give to me and to be forgotten later. Something with meaning. That's what I want Harry." He sighed at my words. I felt a bit bad because I knew he was absolutely sweet and he didn't deserve me to just tell him how to be sweet and romantic. "Okay. Let's just go around." he shrugged in defeat. I huffed in relief of not having to be showered with fancy expensive gifts from my celebrity boyfriend. I'm not using Harry for money. I don't think that's a priority for me. I don't care about money. Health and happiness is all you need.

Harry's POV

I'm laughing at how Jen just explained what she wanted me to do. Already noted Jen. I already have that planned, just so you know. My surprise is 13 days away. I need to have the best 2 weeks with her. Right now it's not doing so well, since now we are at a coffee shop. Jen's looking  a bit upset- maybe dissapointed I see?

"What's wrong, love?" I lifted her chin up to look at me. She frowned a bit, but I saw a smile creeping there. She looked back down at her latte. "Nothing. I'm just a bit confused." I sighed. Maybe I knew where this is coming. "Is it the whole Niall thing?" She nodded. Just what I didn't want. I gently shook my head with my eyes closed.

"B-but, we can just drop it if you want." I opened my eyes back up and nodded. "Yes, let's just do that. Don't even bring it up."

She hesitated for a while. "Okay, but are you sure you really forgive him?"

"Yes, Jen. I do." I smiled to assure her. She gave a faint smile, but I still loved to see her smile even the slightest bit. I started to bite my tongue at the fact that I lied to her. She who is such a good girl. A good soul. Nice, pretty innocent, beautiful. How could I do that to her? I gazed into her dark brown eyes. Biting my lip, I was dumbfounded. What do I say now?  I don't think I can't lie, but... No I can't lie. Not to her.

"So I guess we can talk about that Niall situation last night...."