When Your Gone

They say that life goes on and wounds heal in time. 

Well, it's been 5 years now. I've been watching. Watching her every moment making sure she was alright. Making sure she was safe. It's been a while for her. It took some time for her to heal. But she did, maybe not completely but she was getting there.  

Jen arrived with Eleanor, Perrie, Sophia, and Justin.  She was wearing my old hoodie. That actually made me smile that these four classy ladies were in line with our Directioners for the concert. She used to be so afraid of the lights. But now, I saw her as brave as she can be. She now didn't mind the flickering lights. How could she now with all the attention she's been getting? For the past three and a half years Justin Bieber has been trying to go out with Jen. Just six months ago, she finally decided to give him a try at it. I remember seeing his face light up from joy. Those six months may have well been the best for Jen for the past 5 years. I needed to learn to let go and let her fall in love as she wished, but maybe she wasn't falling as hard as I hoped for her. She's been taking everything real slow, but progress was still coming. He's been making her laugh, smile and most of all happy. I loved to see that. 

She decided to come to the concert after all it's been 5 years. They've hadn't had a concert since and this was their first one in years. Justin kissed her forehead as they walked to our room with their backstage pass IDs. Zayn kissed Perrie, Liam hugged Sophia, Louis met Eleanor half way, and Jen just stood there awkwardly looking at her friends she hasn't seen for years. I can see the pain in her eyes from the memories she had of me. I used to always kiss her before every concert. She'd always say,"Good luck babe." I walked up to her and whispered into her ear,"I miss you more than you could ever know..." She must have felt cold because she crossed her arms around her chest. I wanted to hug her but I knew my presence wasn't warmth enough. Luckily, Justin wrapped his around from behind her. She gave him a faint smile. I watched Niall stare at his shoes probably thinking how lucky he is to have her... Things haven't only been rough for Jen but for Niall as well. He has to learn to move on and I'm not quite sure if he has been successful at that. Watching her be with someone beside him, yes was painful, but it didn't really signify that he was moving on.

Niall's POV

Not so long the concert started. Through out every song, I've kept a watchful eye at Jen. I've been told how happy Justin has been making her. She didn't look so happy now because something was different. It was already in the vibe. The fans knew it, we knew, Harry knew it. 

5 years is a pretty long time... But was it enough to let the pain go away? For wounds to heal and to move on? I wanted to know if it really a true saying that your struggles make you stronger. I didn't feel any stronger. In fact I felt weaker. Seeing in the papers, online the new cutest couple in Hollywood wasn't me and Jen, but her and someone else... 

We then started singing 'More Than This'. This song brought back bad memories. Liam started it off restraining himself so tears won't fall down. I spotted Jen in the crow with her glow stick. She didn't wave it like she used to. That was her favorite part of our concerts. She just stared blankly at the big screen of pictures of Harry. All the memories of Harry Edward Styles. I even remembered the first time she went to our concert and yelled in the audience,"I love you Harry Styles!" And caught Harry off guard making him slip onstage. We all laughed and continued on, everyone thinking it was cute of Harry. 

I then sang Harry's solo. "When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight, it just won't feel right. Cause I can love you more than this. When he lays you down and I might just die inside, it just don't feel right. Cause I can love you more than this, can love you more than this..."

Jen's POV

I've been trying not to cry ever since I got here. I finally got to see the guys in years. Not too long before the concert started they started singing 'More Than This'. I didn't wave my glow stick around. I was frozen in my on two feet. It was until Niall singing Harry's solo in which I suddenly bursted out sobbing. The powerful lyrics hitting my heart. I was about to shatter. I didn't want to be here, too many bad memories. I turned around and felt Justin's hand grab my arm. I looked up at him and shook my head gently. "I can't." I choked on tears and ran off.