The Bridge

I was already in my cute dress (the rest of the boys said it was cute excluding Niall). I walked down the bridge of the Seine on my way to the Eiffel Tower.(A/N: I barely know shit about Paris so bare with my imagination if I make any mistakes)It was really beautiful this time of night. A slight breeze blew and I pulled my sweater sleeve down my arm. I had a smile on my face as I slowly walked, making my entrance to Harry as if I were fashionably elegantly late. Half way along the bridge, I spotted a young man walking with his head down and his hands in his pockets. I didn't see his face, so I couldn't give a guess at his age.  I stopped and he kept walking forward. I bent down a little in an angle to catch a glimpse of his face. His blond hair looked familiar to me. Out of the blue I already new who he was and shyly said,"Hey. Niall?" His crystal blue eyes looked up at me surprised.

Niall's POV

I was so upset about what happened about a week ago with Harry telling me to leave Jen alone. I had to check into a different hotel which wasn't as glamorous as the other hotel I was previously at till kicked out by Harry. I needed to clear my mind, so taking a walk around this beautiful city was the best way to do so. I've been walking for hours actually and to my surprise, my stomach hasn't been grumbling in begging for food. Walking down the bridge of of the Seine, already leaving the Eiffel Tower past behind me. I hide my hands in my pocket and lowered my head for a low-profile. I watched my legs stride one foot at a time. It was then when I heard a familiar voice call up to me,"Hey, Niall?" that I looked up with widen eyes at the most beautiful face in the world.

"Jen..." I rubbed the back of my head awkwardly not knowing what to say. She just gave me a sincere smile which was actually making my cheeks blush and hence my white skin, it was automatically noticeable.

"Hey." She waved. "How are you?" She asked.

"Um, well I've only been away from you guys for about a week or so." I kicked a little pebble sheepishly with my foot. 

"Yeah, I know." her hair blew perfectly in the wind. In this dazzle of light her eyes just sparkled and led me to a new world. "Is it true about how Harry does forgive you?"

I chuckled. "You tell me. He doesn't seem to want me anywhere near you. He even grabbed me by the collar and threatened me." I noticed the look on Jen's face which dropped from curious to surprised. "Oh, you didn't know did you?"

She shook her head. "Nope. I thought he did forgive you and that maybe soon you wanted to come back to stay with us at the hotel so we can get the show on the road after the break, but no. Harry lied to me and I told him not to hurt you, but he did."

"Tried." I corrected her. By the expression on her face she looked upset. I didn't know if she was upset at me or Harry. "B-but do you s-still love him? Or will still love him if he ever did hurt m-me or someone?" I couldn't believe I what has came out of my mouth. I didn't believe it was me because I didn't have the guts to ever ask such a question I know painfully the answer to.

"Niall, I will always love Harry." She starred at me straight into my eyes. Her large brown eyes and eyelashes softened the blow to my heart. Not really the question I've been dying to ask. 

"But... Do you love me?" 

Jen's POV

Out in the back of my mind I am told to tell him the truth. In my heart I can't tell him. It will hurt him.

"Niall..." He was waiting for an answer. His face showed anxiety, and he was dying to know. Right now.  I licked my lips and shook my head gently.

"Niall... I honestly love you with all my heart, but not the way you want me to..." He starred down at his feet avoiding my eye contact. It really did pain me to have him in pain. "I love you as a friend."

He bite his lower lip and nodded. "Friend. I've always been a friend to you and that's all I am gonna be aren't I?" I nodded. "I knew it. But... that kiss you gave me onstage says otherwise than the words coming out of you mouth." he gave a faint smile at me before he turned away from me.

"Niall..." I whispered for him wanting him to just stay. I don't want to part ways from him. I wanted him to stay in my life, but not leave. Wait, was he leaving?

"I just want you to be happy." Niall said as he turned around and walked away. "Niall, don't go." I grabbed hold of his arm. He looked down and smiled. "I love you, you may not love me, but I always will." Niall assured me. I cried on my knees as he walked down to the other side of the bridge. he didn't know how much he is making me hurt. I can't love him no matter how much he feels about me. 

"Niall, don't do this to me. Please." I clutched my chest trying to figure where the hell my heart was. My lips kept quivering as I tried to stop the flood of tears. Is this to be the last I see of Niall James Horan? I couldn't understand why I was crying. I lost a friend, and my boyfriend lost a friend because of me. This is all my fault, this is all my fault, this is all my fault. I thought over and over. My life was now classified as a stupid love triangle between two best friends who fight and lose each other because of the stupid girl- me. I wiped my tears dry, and inhaled, exhaled deeply. No time to cry now, Harry's waiting for you and you're 15 minutes late.