STARBUCKS

You were looking at a picture of your favorite a capella group, Pentatonix, from your phone while waiting for customers to approach the counter. You've been a fan for two years, and you moved to LA, hoping that you would get a chance to see them. 

"Y/N, is that Pentatonix again? I swear if the manager sees you-"

"Try not to announce it at least." You said while giving your friend F/N a death glare. He just shrugged and continued to work. Well, even though there's nothing to work on. There weren't a lot of customers today, even in broad daylight. 

 As much as you hated it, you had to work for your college fund. You planned to go to NYU, yet you still chose to live in LA. Go figure. You and F/N had shared an apartment for a year now, since with the saving for college and all. 

After what seemed like minutes, F/N tapped on your shoulder while you were busy fumbling through your phone, catching on the latest news about Mitch Grassi. You turned to face him, "What?" you asked, annoyed. But your friend just continued to stare at something behind your back. "Y/N, uh. That guy- band the you like-" Your friend pointed as he stammered. Confused, you faced to see a guy you thought you only saw in pictures and videos from the internet.

Your jaw dropped open. It was Mitch Grassi.

Beside him was the tall one from Pentatonix, Scott Hoying. Mitch whispered something at Scott, and they both laughed, figured it must have been a joke. Being a big fan of decency and all, you flattened out your apron, straightened your once crooked name tag, put a big smile on your face, and went to meet them at the counter. 

It was the first time you and Mitch stared at each other's eyes, not seemingly trying to break up the contact. "Hello, good afternoon! What can I get for you?" You asked politely. Hey, you tried to look normal but deep within, your thoughts rambled like crazy, and strangely, you could feel butterflies in you stomach. Not like you ACTUALLY ate butterflies, because you didn't. It was a figure of speech. You actually did not like pick up and had a handful of- UGH. You know what? Nevermind. 

Scott scanned the menu above your head, "I'll have a Grande Java Chip Frappe. And you, Mitch? ... Uh, Mitch?" You looked and noticed that Mitch was still staring at me. Wait, me?

"Oh! Um, I'll take Grande Mocha Frappe please. Thanks." He smiled. Everything suddenly felt my blood rushing to my face. Gods, you hoped you weren't blushing, that would be hella embarrassing. You took two grande sized cups and started to write their names with a felt tip pen. "Is that all sir?" Mitch quickly placed his hand in front of you, while reading the menu one last time. "No, um, I'm sorry." You smiled, "It's okay sir! Please, take your time." He raised an eyebrow, and after awhile, he locked his eyes with mine.

"Can I get... your number?" 

 You could feel your cheeks burning. Scott just stared at Mitch in awe, when he suddenly shook his head in confusion. "Oh no, I'm so sorry Y/N! I don't know what I had just said, I'm sorry! Scott, please pay for my drink, I'll just go wait for you outside." You could see Mitch was blushing as he scurried towards the door. It was silent for a moment until Scott spoke up. "I'm really sorry for what happened back there. I don't know what happened to Mitch, but you've got to admit that was pretty smooth. He never did that with other people." We both chuckled. "Sure, as smooth as a sand paper. Is that all?" He nodded. You collected the payment and proceeded to attend to their orders.

 "Y/N, did I just see that?" F/N asked. Even F/N was so stunned about what happened. You picked up Mitch's cup and wrote something before handing it to Scott. "Hey, um Scott. Kindly tell Mitch that if you both want to hang out with me, my shift ends at 5 pm." Scott winked in response, and went out to meet his friend . You glanced at Mitch as he received his drink, seeing what was written, and jumped with joy his coffee almost spilled. His reaction made me blush even more. Then you saw Scott pointing at you and Mitch soon stopped when he saw that you were giggling and he probably looked like an idiot. You smiled at him as he mouthed, "Pick you up after shift." and went off. So many things were going on inside my head, you didn't notice F/N observing my facial expression. "Well, that escalated quickly. What did you write in his cup anyway?" 

"Something that he asked me. My phone number, you dummy." You sighed at the thought of you and Mitch together. Maybe the whole Starbucks job thing wasn't so bad after all.

________________________________________________________

Sorry guys, that had to be so short. Cut me some slack, will you? This is my first one shot. Well, technically not THE first, but yeah. Best not to talk about it. I promise that I will post more.