Truth or Dare

It was a Saturday night. You decided to sleep over at Mitch and Scott's apartment. You wore your F/C pajamas, and SpongeBob sweater. You and Mitch both loved SpongeBob, and the two of you would sometimes choose a marathon of that cartoon over shopping.

You were the first one to arrive. Knocking at the door, Mitch greeted you with a smile and a hug while you clutched on your Totoro plushie. You had a crush on Mitch for a long time, and every time you saw the young man, your heart melts and you still get that "butterflies on your stomach" thing. 

" Let's go inside princess, before anyone thinks you sleepwalked all the way here." Mitch placed one hand on your back and the other motioned for you to come inside. You had to give it to them, their place is cozy. Not that you're not comfortable with your place, but your apartment seemed so lonely since you lived alone.

Have you not mention that Mitch calls you HIS princess? 

'We're just best friends.' you reminded yourself.

"Look who's here!" Scott pulled you in to a hug, squeezing your upper torso. You swear you could feel myself turning blue. "Sc- Scott. Breath- I- I cant. Breathe." I said, trying to catch your breathe. The tall blonde realized and let you go. He made an apologetic smile. "Sorry, just missed you." Gratefully, being around with Scott wasn't as awkward as it was before. See, you and Scott were a thing BEFORE, until one of you realized that your personalities were far too different.

After for what seemed like hours, Kirstie appeared, followed by Avi and Kevin. The night started with a movie of Y/F/M (A horror movie). Kirstie, Scott, and Kevin sat at the couch while Avi, Mitch and you sat on the floor. At first, you were enjoying the movie yourself, when you noticed Mitch averting his eyes from the screen. His hands were shaking like crazy. Your eyebrows burrowed. Kirstie screamed, a high pitched one, which made Mitch jumped from his seat. With confidence and concern, you took his hand. "Mitch, are you okay- gods, you're cold." His fingers were cold as ice, yet you noticed beads of sweat forming in his forehead. 

"I- I- I'm fine." He stammered. But you are not gullible. You knew damn well he wasn't fine. 

"Do you want to go outside for a moment? I think you need air." You offered. He smiled, which looked like he was suffering more of internal stress. "No, I'm good. Thank you." Things went well, until you remembered that you were still holding his hand. Feeling the blood rush to your face, you took your hand away from his and prayed to every god you knew, hoping he didn't notice you blush.

During the end credits, no one spoke a word, except for you. Kirstie and Scott were shivering from fear, Kevin just ate his popcorn, Avi fell asleep, and Mitch was still sitting... straight. "That was great, wasn't it?" You commented, trying to make it sound as energetic as it can get. A pillow flew at your head, "How come you can still grin that way after that movie?! It was terrifying as f*ck!" Right after Scott blurted out, heads turned on him and his hand flew to his mouth.

Even after breaking up with him, you still found that cute about Scott.

Kirstie stood up, "I know what to do next! Wanna play truth or dare?" she offered. You all agreed and sat on the floor, creating a circle. Mitch seemed to snap out of his trance, though the stress was still present in his face. Kevin woke Avi up, and participated in the game. "Who goes first?" Kevin asked. I scooped some popcorn from his bowl. "Kirstie, why don't you go first?" Scott said. She grinned in excitement. "So, dear friend Scott, since you insisted on me to go first. Truth, or Dare?" Scott groaned like he was half expecting it to happen. "Truth."