3 AM

You placed your book down, hearing the sound your stomach was making. You stood up and headed for the kitchen. "I'm so hungry." you said to yourself, seeing that there was nothing to eat. Well, that was a shocker.

Instead, you grabbed your phone and went back to bed, tweeting all sorts of random thoughts. It sort of happened that you saw a news about your boyfriend, Mitch Grassi. The relationship between you and the guy just sort of went viral since last year. When Mitch had asked you to be his girlfriend, the word quickly spread out like wild fire, and having your privacy seemed impossible ever since. 

*Time skip (Brought to you by Mitch Grassi's dance moves.)*

You awoke by a loud bang downstairs. Rubbing your eyes, you checked the clock by the bed side table. "3:00 AM?" Surely you've heard stories about the witch's hour. As a kid, you had always avoided that specific hour, and now, that old childhood fear had still remained. You stood up, slowly as ever, afraid of making a noise. Thoughts came running in to your mind.

What if it was a burglar?

Or a spirit?

Maybe a demon?

You checked your surroundings for a possible weapon, and your eyes landed to a tennis racket. Grabbing your choice of defense, and a rosary, you started to head outside. The first idea that came in to your mind was to call Mitch, but that seemed to be a bad one since the call would make noise and you didn't want to let your killer know that you were aware of its presence. 

One step at a time, you made your way towards the staircase, only to hear another loud bang and a subdued groaning. All the lights were off, making the scene even more creepier and intense. The silence was deafening, so was the buzzing in your ears. In your head, you had prayed to every single god that you knew, hoping you would get out safe, or if possible, outsmart the killer. Your hands that held the rosary started to shake, you were so nervous that you started to count you every step to clear your mind.

One... Two... Three.

Four... Five... Six... Seven.

You clenched on the handle of the tennis racket. As far as you knew, there were at least 12 steps til you get to the ground. 

Eight... Nine... Ten.

Two more. Your heart was pounding like crazy, and it was dark. 

Eleven....

Twelve.

You averted your eyes in every direction, trying to sense a movement. Much to your surprise, the light on the dining room was opened. You crept to the door, scared and irritated by the fact that the previous owner had stupidly built a door to the kitchen. "Here goes nothing." You assured yourself. You raised the weapon and opened the door. 

"OH MY GOD NO!" A man screamed in a high pitch tone and your eyes went wide.  

You were now facing a man in his mid-20s. His arms were protectively raised in his face, a set of car keys in his left hand.  You had definitely recognized the voice. 

Lowering the racket, you breathed heavily. "Mitch?! What are you doing here?!" He was wearing a green cap, sky blue shirt, a denim jacket and pants. Mitch pointed at the bags of McDonald's on the table. "I brought you food! Geez, Y/N." Out of nowhere, and probably didn't mean to, you punched your boyfriend on his arm, leaving him scowling in pain. "What did I do to you?!" He complained.

The fear hadn't completely left your heart. Your hands were shaking and soon, tears spilled from your eyes. Mitch, now concerned for you, pulled you in to a hug. "I'm sorry for sneaking in. I happened to see your tweet that you were hungry, so I made a quick drive to McDonald's to buy you food. I had no idea that you were already asleep, that's why I used my spare key. I scared you didn't I? I'm sorry. Hush now." 

Mitch's embrace felt warm, and it had helped you calm down. "I- I-" You attempted to speak but it only made you choked on your own words. 

After a few minutes, you were already sitting on a chair. Mitch handed you a glass of water, taking a sip on his own as well. He sat in front of you, reaching for your hand. Him being here made you feel secured and safe, because you knew that he wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt you. That was how much he loved you.

You, once again, heard your stomach grumble. Mitch chuckled, hearing it also. "Eat up. You're hungry aren't you?" You smiled, grabbing the bag of food and started stuffing your mouth with burger and french fries. 

It only took minutes for you to devour everything. Your boyfriend just happily watched you eat. "You sure you don't want some?" He rolled his eyes, "As if there's anything left for you to offer." Mitch got to his feet, pecked a kiss on your cheek and headed to the door. Afraid that you were going to be alone again, you gripped his wrist. Mitch turned to you, and with pleading eyes, you begged for him to stay. He nodded and you lead him to your room where you immediately lay down with him by your side.

The man you love wrapped his arms protectively around your waist. He whispered, "I swear as long as I'm here, I won't let anyone hurt you." You smiled, you could feel your eye lids getting heavier and heavier by the minute. "I know, babe. I love you." You didn't hear his response as you soon drifted off to a peaceful sleep. 

______________________________________________________________________

My friends and I had just watched "Hush" and it sorta inspired me in to writing this one-shot.I recommend that movie, it's a good one.