Happy Birthday

July 24. 

A very special day.

Today was your idol, Mitch Grassi's birthday. And fortunately, he decided to celebrate it by holding out a fan signing event. Being the girl who's super extra with everything she does, you bought a new F/C dress and a pair of F/C shoes to match the look. 

You've been preparing for Mitch's birthday for weeks, via planning what to give him, what to say in front of him, your outfit, and so on. Gods, you even tried to practice your routine in your head. "F/N!!!" You called out. F/N came out of his room, all groggy and everything. "What? Where are you going?" he seemed to have forgotten the said event. "It's Mitch's birthday, DUH!" you rolled your eyes as you twirled around in front of him in excitement. "So, how do I look?" F/N just rubbed his eyes and gave you a thumbs up. You frowned by his comment. "Really? Come on F/N! Be a little more energetic!" He sighed, "You look DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. And thanks for waking me up in a middle of a dream." 

"You're welcome."

"Shut up Y/N."

Grinning like crazy, you picked up a box and gently held it. It was a vanilla cake that you had baked just for Mitch. That cake took ALL of your effort, knowing how much you sucked at making those. F/N yawned some more, but he sounded more awake and alert. "So, have you practiced your lines?" You shook your head in disagreement. F/N nodded in response. "Okay. Let's try it once more. 3..2..1 action!"

You cleared your throat and wore a smile on your face. "Hi Mitch! I'm Y/N, L/N! I just want to say that I'm a fan of  yours for years. Happy birthday, and for that, I baked a cake for you! I hope you like it." And taking each end of your skirt, you bowed like a princess with your friend fake clapping. "That should be good. Oh, you forgot one thing!" Confused, you raised an eyebrow on F/N. You were sure you didn't forget any line. "What is it?" He pointed to his cheek, which made you confused even more. "You were gonna kiss Mitch Grassi, remember?" You looked at the ceiling, trying to remember if that was included at the script. "Of cour- Hey! I- I never said anything lik- like that! Why would I do that?!" You shielded your crimson red face with both of your hands while F/N laughed at you. 

"Because it's Mitch's birthday, DUH!" He mimicked your voice, sticking out his tongue after.

"Sure, mock me all you want." You rolled your eyes and giggled. 

The travel took up to 30 minutes, but you still couldn't keep your cool. You still can't believe that you were finally seeing Mitch Grassi in person, being famous and all that. After arriving at the event, you grabbed some change from your pocket and gave it to the cab driver. "Wow, that's a REALLY long line." You said to yourself when you saw hundreds- no thousands of fans in line to meet Mitch. Some held out teddy bears or plushies of Mitch Grassi, balloons, and most even when extra by holding out a big banner saying Happy Birthday. It was crazy, alright? But it was also fine with you, knowing that these fan girls also loved Mitch like you do. 

*Time skip* 

You checked your watch, it has been several hours since you arrived. Your feet ached and your clutched on the green box. To be quite frank, you were already getting tired, but somehow you still stood your ground, knowing that it would be all worth it in the end. 

After a couple of minutes, you noticed you were already next to meet him. Your heart jumped and your world started to spin. You were familiar with this feeling: Nervousness. 'It's my turn, oh Gods.' you said in your head. Still, you wore your best smile and walked forward. "Hey Mitch!" you waved. Mitch looked at your eyes and down to your feet, suddenly taking interest in it. He smiled back. You swear you could see him blushing. "Hey! What's your name?" he asked.

Your mind just went in a frenzy.

He asked my name. Name. Name.

"Oh, name? Uh-" you stammered.

Mitch waited for your answer. You finally came to your senses, "It's Y/N! Y/N, L/N!" This is not what you had practiced. You felt tensed going out of script. "Y/N.. That's a really nice name. It suits you." You smiled even more, feeling your cheeks burning. You held out your hand and gave him his birthday gift. Here, uh- happy birthday! It's a vanilla cake! I know you don't like chocolate flavored stuff so... yeah." You laughed nervously. 'Way to go.' you said to yourself.

Your idol chuckled, "Thank you." Unexpectedly, he opened the box, scraped some frosting and tasted it. His eyes widened, maybe in horror or amazement. You were a horrible cook, gotta cut some slack you know? "Wow! This is awesome!" You were about to tell him on how you burned F/N's stove while making that when you noticed a small amount of frosting at the side of his lips, causing you to chuckle. The Italian man just stared at you. At a quick but graceful movement, you reached out and wiped the frosting off. Realizing what you had done, you covered your face with your hands, something you often do when you're embarrassed or caught off guard. "I'm sorry!" Mitch seemed to be in shock as well, "Uh- It's okay!" 

You spun around and headed for the exit when something grabbed your hand. You turned to see Mitch holding your hand, his face all red. His hazel brown eyes stared in to yours. "Y/N, uh, I actually don't have anything planned for my birthday today. Would you like to celebrate it with me?" 

'Wait, is he asking me out?'

"I mean, if you don't want to I'd completely understand." He quickly added. You smiled, laced your fingers around his, "Of course I would love to."

____________________________________________________________________

Well, that was a sham. I AM SO SORRY LMAO. I'll try to improve :-} In a meanwhile, I can entertain any requests from you. Feel free to message me or to comment it below. Thank you so much :-}