6 - Reason

LARISSA MIN POV

______________________

ONE MONTH AGO

"Can we talk about us?", I asked Wallace while he was busy editing his video blog yesterday with his college friends

In fact, we never had a serious talk in our entire 4-year relationship, 'cause he hates it. If we got problems or conflicts, we just let it fade and never talk about it. 

Wallace is a type of person who will give you a good cheer. I never heard him talk about his problems. I am actually the one who runs into him when I'm in a difficult situation. But, he will never comfort me by talking about it further. Instead, he will do or say things that will divert my attention into happy thoughts. 

On the other hand, if we have conflicts, we just don't talk. Even so, he won't ignore me and still cares for me. I never attempted to confront him, because yes...he hates serious talks. He will just wait for me to cool down and that's it. The next day, we act like nothing happened. We just never open up, which makes it hard for me to let him know my emotional state. As time goes by, I get used to conceal myself whenever I got problems concerning my life or our relationship.

This will be the very first time that I attempt to have a serious talk with him, because I feel that, we are starting to disconnect. I don't know when we started to become aloof. It feels that we're pretending that everything is okay, for quite a long time.

"What about us?", he responded while editing his video blog continuously.

"We're obviously not okay."

"Why would you say that?", he still didn't stop from editing.

"Can you stop what you're doing and talk to me?", he stopped editing. He turned the computer chair and moved closer to where I am sitting.

"What? Are you mad again?"

"No. I just want us to talk."

"Okay. What do you wanna talk about?"

"Let's end this.", he just stared at me and became silent for a while. 

His eyes tell a lot of unsaid feelings. I can see that he is hurting.