10 - Fear

JACE WALLACE KRISTOFF JEON POV

(ONE WEEK AGO)

"Why didn't you tell us?", I'm currently on video call with my mom, while dad is at work. They knew that my relationship with Larissa has ended, because Sunny told them.

"Mom, I just don't wanna worry you.", I answered.

"We were actually having a hunch, that you'll gonna propose. But, I can't believe, that it turned out to be a fail.", mom said disappointed, 'cause they also knew about the proposal.

"It was not literally a fail, Mom, 'cause the proposal never happened. It's just unexpectedly a doomed love story.", honestly, my heart still aches. You thought you already found the person that you will be with, for the rest of your life, but it was just literally a thought.

"I trusted her. I'm as sick as a parrot when we found out about what she did.", they knew about Larissa's connection with her ex-boyfriend.

"Mom, it's not like I caught her making love with her ex",  I just caught her communicating and hanging out with her ex, during our 4-year relationship. That's all.

"Even so! It's still a form of cheating! Don't be foolish!", mom angrily said. "I'm just so disappointed, 'cause I know how much you love her. Then, it all went to waste.", mom continued.

"Mom, I'm okay. I'm gonna be okay. Don't worry. *smiles*", I said to calm her down.

"Lies! You must learn how to say what's really on your mind and what you truly feel! ", mom annoyingly said.

"Mom, I just want a happy atmosphere. It hurts me when I see important people in my life so down. And, I hate it when we spend so much time on conflicts, 'cause we will just end up hurting each other."

"But, relationships won't work like that. Believe me.", she said. I just listened and didn't respond.

*silence*

"Listen, darling...

...You already planned to enter a married life, but you aren't ready to face the ups and downs. Is that even right?

...It's not gonna be happy always, darling.

...Transparency is one big factor for a relationship to work and last longer. Being open builds trust.

...I'm not on your side nor Larissa's side, okay? I understand you, 'cause what she did is never right. But, I also get the reason why she wants to end your connection.

...She thought you never trusted her, 'cause of being so hush-hush. Maybe, she wanted to help you out when something troubles you, but you didn't allow her. When you're having conflicts, you just ignored and never talked about it. Where is the communication then?

...And, when you knew about her connection with his ex, you just kept mum. What the hell? You thought if your marriage happened, it will erase that pain you feel? Will it change anything?