chapter two

"She's in nearly all of your classes." Shawn pointed out as the two began to walk home. Camila held onto his arm as he lead her down the steps to the school.

"Yeah, I know. She sat behind me in Math. I didn't even know until I heard her voice when she asked the teacher a question." Camila said.

"Can you put in a good word for me? This could be the romance we were looking for all summer." Shawn smiled and Camila laughed.

"The romance you were looking for all summer. I wasn't looking for anything." They turned a corner and heard some hurried foot steps and laughing.

"Guide dog! So like, are you gonna take her home or take her back to your place for some fun?" Brad laughed as he, Brad, and Zayn walked by, surrounding them as they walked.

"Gross man, isn't that like bestiality?" Justin let out with a laugh and gave Brad a playful shove.

"Look, if you three would kindly fuck off, we'd really like to talk and walk in peace and quiet." Shawn rolled his eyes and spat at them.

"Hey, Mila I think you might have to get this one euthanized. He's getting a little too feisty." Justin laughed.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Camila groaned and Justin and Zayn laughed.

"There's no place I'd rather be, Mila." Justin laughed, looking her up and down.

"Just ignore them." Shawn whispered into Camila's ear. She sighed and eventually she heard five footsteps turn into two. "Ugh, sometimes I just want to punch them." Shawn groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Well don't. I couldn't last a day at school without you if you got suspended." Camila smiled.

"I know, I know. I'll hold back for you." Shawn laughed.

When they arrived at the front of Camila's house, Shawn stopped them. "Holy shit. It sorta feels like she's following us."

"What? Who?" Camila furrowed her brow and felt for Shawns arm.

"Lauren. The girl in all of our classes."

"Well what about her? She's following us?" Camila fished the keys to her house out of her pocket.

"No. It's just it looks like she's moved into our neighborhood. Towards the back of it by the cul-de-sac." Shawn looked over and watched as the raven haired girl stepped out of the front seat of a car.

"Which house?" Camila asked and tilted her head a bit.

"The one the Thompsons used to live in. I never liked their kids." He cocked a brow and watched as the new girl laughed at something as she and her parent walked into the house. "Mila, keys."

Instead of handing him the keys, Camila felt it in her hand, looking for the jagged edge before placing her left hand over the handle to the door and tracing her thumb across the surface to find the key hole. Once she unlocked the door she turned to Shawn.

"Don't let what they said get to you, Mila. You know they're just huge dicks." Shawn said, lowering his hand to hold Camila's.

"Yeah, I know." Camila sighed. "Do you want to come in? My mom would love for you to stay for dinner, I know that. She's obsessed with you."

Shawn smiled and answered, "Sure, that sounds great." Camila turned and opened the door, finally able to let go of Shawn since she knew how to get around her own house.