chapter eight

"Hey, we should go now I guess." Lauren sighed as they sat on the steps to the school waiting for Shawn so they could walk home.

"Without Shawn?" Camila laughed. "No way, he'd lose it. He'd be so mad again."

"Yeah well, he kinda just walked by without saying goodbye." Lauren winced as she explained it.

"Shoot, really?" Camila asked. furrowing her brow.

"Yeah, c'mon. I can bring you to the party if you want." Lauren offered.

"Okay. I have to sneak out though. Could you pick me up around ten?" Camila asked.

"I guess I'll just tell Colson that I'll be late. I don't mind doing it for you." Lauren rustled Camila's hair a bit.

"So, have your parents always been this controlling?" Lauren asked.

"Yup." Camila laughed. "Ever since the day I was born."

"How are they about boyfriends, I can't imagine." Lauren laughed.

"Well, I wouldn't know since I've never had one." Camila laughed.

"Wait, really? I mean I know you haven't kissed but..." Lauren raised a brow, "You've never dated? Watch for this step." Lauren finished, guiding her over the step.

"Thanks. And well, I've never dated but I've had crushes before which my parents already get protective about. They have eyes on every boy ever besides Shawn. They trust him a lot. I'm afraid they also ship me with him a lot." Camila laughed.

"Really? I mean it's not that hard to believe, but I trust you when you say you dob't have feelings for him. Do they not?" The raven haired girl questioned.

"They're convinced I'll fall for him eventually as we grow up and become older. As if being young means you don't fall in love and whatever feelings of love you do have aren't valid at all." Camila laughed and shook her head. "I mean what I say though. Shawn is a nice guy, and cute by the feel of his face, but he's just my friend."

__________

As promised, Camila met Lauren outside of her house at 10:00 PM sharp. This time it felt more natural to cling to Lauren's shoulders as the green eyed girl pedaled them towards Colson's house, only in the next neighborhood.

When they arrived, the party was already getting started, tens of people crowding each room of the house and it's balcony.

"You take a seat down here on the couch. I'll be a few feet away, I'm just going to get my laptop set up so I can dj, okay?" Lauren said loudly to speak over everyone in the room. Camila nodded and laid back on the couch, enjoying the sound of whatever radio station was already playing.

"Lauren! Holy shit, you made it! The saturday club mixes on the radio were getting a little old by now. I was thinking you could give us something with a little more than that generic beat, right?" He said before mimicking the stereotypical club beat that played in every remix they heard.

"Yeah, I can do that for you." Lauren smiled, hooking up her laptop to the speakers and opening up Spotify.

Colson nodded and smiled. "Cool. Thanks for doing this for me. All of my friends have shit taste in music. None of them have the diversity you do. Throw in whatever you want in there as long as it can keep the crowd dancing. And don't feel like you need to do it all night, y'know. Feel free to take a break, find me and we can catch a drink. How about that?" Colson pointed to her and nodded as he back up and began walking away.