chapter five

"Did they kiss finally?" Camila whispered to Lauren in the middle of the movie. They had sat in the very back so that Lauren could explain to her what was going on without disturbing anyone.

"I think they're about to." Lauren whispered, watching the screen intently as Logan and Beth both leaned in for the kiss. "And they kissed."

"Aww," Camila smiled brightly. She listened to the sounds of mouths moving against each other before sighing. "Have you ever kissed anyone?"

Lauren let out a quiet laugh as she turned to face Camila. "Of course I have, haven't you?"

"Well..." Camila hadn't expected Lauren to shoot the question back and she went red. "Uh, no. I haven't."

"Not even Shawn or anything?" Lauren raised a brow curiously.

"What? No, we're just friends. I couldn't imagine kissing my best friend. He's the only friend I have, why would I want to ruin that?" She said quickly.

"He's not your only friend. I'm your friend too now, remember?" Lauren quirked a brow and Camila smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you are now. You're stuck with us." Camila laughed. "But really. Shawn and I aren't an item at all. Nor have we ever been."

"Okay okay, I believe you. I was just wondering. You know its not uncommon to kiss your best friend some times just to see what it's like. That was my first kiss." Lauren explained.

Some man from two rows down shushed them and Lauren rolled her eyes. The movie continued to play as Lauren explained to Camila the different plot points and what each character did.

__________

By the time the movie was over, it was dark outside. The two walked out and Camila pulled out her phone, brining it to her ear and pressing a button.

"7:54 PM"

As the monotone voice read out the time Camila furrowed her brow and pressed the next button.

"8 missed calls"

Camila bit her lip and frowned. "Shoot, I have to hurry home." She felt for Lauren's arm and once she was able to wrap her hand around it she soothingly brushed her thumb back and forth against it. "I had a really great time."

"Oh, I have to grab my bike, I left it at school. I could walk you back home first though." Lauren offered.

Camila shook her head and reached for her cane again. "It's fine. You go over and get your bike, I can get there on my own." Camila smiled.

"Are you sure, I don't want you getting hurt or lost or anything." Lauren said.

"I've got it, Lauren. I know the way from here." Camila sighed, a tad bit annoyed.

"You're right, sorry. It's just... are you sure?" The raspy voiced girl sounded worried but Camila just shrugged.

"I'll be fine. I'm not fragile like everyone thinks, right?" Camila grinned and Lauren tried to smile.

"Right, you're not." Lauren nodded. Camila snapped her cane together and smiled. "I'll see you on Monday, Camz."

"See you!" Camila simply replied and attempted to wave as she turned and waved her cane in front of her as she walked in the direction of her home.