chapter three

"I don't know. If I were Pluto I'd be pretty pissed off if everyone suddenly told me I wasn't a planet." Shawn laughed. The three were walking home from school on Thursday.

It didn't take much for Lauren to make her way into their friend group. Camila wasn't quite sure if thats what she should call it. After all, it was only her andShawn for the longest time. She was never really close to anyone else. Camila could already recall the different instances when she touched Lauren. Once when Lauren touched her shoulder in biology the day before. Once when walking in the hall. Once during lunch when they both were sitting upright against the columns on the bench. They were talking about which teachers they liked and Camila may have gotten a little too passionate about Ms. Steinfeld that she jumped a bit and Lauren stopped her legs from falling off of the side by placing her arm against Camila's calve and gently holding the side of her knee as they continued to talk.

"We should go to my house. I have a pool." Shawn said proudly.

"It's all he ever talks about." Camila joked as they walked down the side walk.

"Sure, I just have to go grab my swim suit. Which house is yours?" Lauren asked, looking down the road towards her own house.

"It's actually back there. I walk Camila to back to her house just in case. Besides, I like spending the time with her." Shawn said just as the stopped at Camila's house. "How about you go to your house and get your bathing suit on and you can meet Camila here and walk her back to my house? It's the light blue one. Third from the end of the street."

"Okay, sounds fair. I'll see you in a few." Lauren said. "See you, Camila." The ivory skinned girl brought a hand to touch her bicep as she smiled and turned in the other direction to walk to her house.

"She seems really relaxed. I like her." Shawn smiled as they walked up the few steps to Camila's house. "As long as you like her too."

"I like her. She seems different. Not like Colson who usually only pretends to want to be your friend. She's refreshing." Camila grabbed her key out of her pocket and handed it to Shawn who opened the door for her.

"I'll see you at my house, okay?" Shawn said and Camila reached out for his cheek again, leaning in to kiss it.

Lauren didn't quite know what to expect a blind girl to wear to the pool, but it definitely wasn't the black, well fitting bikini which Camila was wearing when she opened the door. She didn't know why but she thought blind people would be more reserved, but she mentally scolded herself for assuming anything or creating a stereotype in her head. She had just never imagined what it was like to be blind when still young.

"Lauren?" Camila asked, wondering if the girl who had knocked was there still.

"Yeah, sorry it's me." Lauren reached out to hold the hand Camila extended and helped her down the steps to her door. Camila then gently wrapped her arm around Lauren's, allowing her to guide the way to Shawn's house.

"His house is the blue one, right?" Lauren asked for clarification and Camila furrowed a brow.

"I think? I never really had the chance to ask..." She commented with just a small hint of sarcasm.

"Oh god, I'm sorry. I keep forgetting." Lauren hurridly apologized but Camila only let out a small laugh.

"It's fine, really." Camila said.

"I feel like a huge bitch now." Lauren shook her head with a guilty smirk and Camila giggled.

"You're alright. Shawn does it sometimes too. Although most of the time he realizes he's doing it just to tease he." She admitted. Lauren helped Camila turn into Shawn's drive way and towards the door to his house.