chapter seven

(Warning : Explicit Content in this Chapter)

"What's so interesting about an eclipse?" Camila questioned.

"You're seeing the moon vanishing from the sky." Lauren explained. Camila was sat down on the blanket while Lauren was laid down, looking up at the sky.

"Vanishing how?" The blind girl seemed confused as to what she meant. Lauren sat up and faced her, hoping to explain to her the best she could.

"It disappears from the sky," Lauren began, "As in it stops being illuminated." She watched Camila's face scrunch up in confusion.

"Meaning?" Camila raised a brow looking to understand what exactly was happening.

"Let me think..." Lauren took a moment to conjure up an explanation. "Well, you know when you're tanning and you feel the sun shining on one side of your face?" She brought her hand out to cup Camila's cheek and the blind girl flinched and grinned. "That side is also being illuminated by the sun."

"What does that have to do with the eclipse?" Camila laughed and asked once Lauren drew her hand back.

"Well..." Lauren looked around at their surroundings, turning one way then the other before standing up, "I'll be right back."

The raven haired girl stood up and returned a minute later with three small rocks which she set down on the towel. "Here." She put her hand over Camila's and brought it to touch each rock.

"This is the sun, the earth, and the moon." She explained, touching the biggest, medium, and smallest rock in a triangle formation. "The sun illuminates the earth and the moon at once."

Camila nodded her head in understanding.

"An eclipse happens when all the are perfectly in line." She moved Camila's hand to pick up the rock representing the earth and move it so that it was in between the other two rocks. "The sun stops illuminating the moon because the earth is in the way. And since we can only see what is illuminated, we can't see the moon anymore. But it's quick because then the earth moves out of the way again, and the moon reappears." She finished, using Camila's hand to move the earth rock back out of the way. "Does that make sense?"

"I think so." Camila replied honestly and nodded, holding the rock in her hand.

Lauren laughed softly and laid back down to look up at the sky. "It's weird trying to explain these types of things. They just seem so simple."

Camila held the rock in her hand, feeling the smoothness of it in her hand and thinking about what Lauren said.

__________

"Shit, Camz. I left my jacket in your room. Do you think you could bring it to school tomorrow?" Lauren questioned. Camila nodded in return. "I'll see you tomorrow. Or later today I guess."

"See you." Camila waved goodbye to Lauren and turned around to quietly sneak back into the house. She quietly closed the door hoping nobody would hear her walk back in. She slowly crept up the stairs and back to her room.

Immediately she began searching for the hoodie which Lauren had left. Her motive was to have it read and by her bag to give to her the next day at school but she'd be lying to herself if she didn't admit that she wanted to smell Lauren's perfume again and bring herself back to the beach where they sat together.