Guilt

The beast lunged at Tord, tackling him to the ground. It clawed at him but Tord kept held him away, luckily for the monster one of his frantic scratches hit, leaving a large gash on his left arm. "Faen" Tord dropped the beast and clutched his arm grunting. With Tord's guard down the monster launched again, however Tord's reflexes were still on point, he raised his right arm.

The monster whined as he slipped from his arm, pieces of ripped hoodie and overcoat in his mouth. The monster shook his head and looked at the arm, it was metal. The monster had seen a similar arm before.

Monster's POV

Holy shit, did... did I do that, jesus he has an eye patch too! How did I not notice those. Hah probably too scare- angry.. yeah lets go with that.

No POV

The monster stared sadly at Tord's scarred face, eye patch and mechanic arm. He whined walking slowly up to the bleeding man. Tord looked down at the creature breathing heavily, "What are you looking at?" he said annoyed but with wavering confidence earning another whine from the creature. Tord sighed and sat on the ground, sliding down the wall.

The monster nudged the metal arm, and lay on top of it, he was surprisingly light. "Curious lil' guy? Hah" he pointed to his patch and face "This all happened when I got into a crash, its a long story an old friend shot me down with a harpoon, the explosion burnt my arm and face, my face got cut in the crash and my arm was practically severed" he held the fake arm "There wasn't any other way....". Tord looked off into the distance.

The monster put his claws on Tord's stomach licking his face giving him a sad look. "Wasn't your fault boy, don't look so guilty" Tord chuckled. The monster gave a seemingly nervous smile. 

Tord's eyelids lowered bringing his attention back to his arm, "Herregud I forgot" Tord stood up walking over to his desk with the monster walking beside him like a puppy. Tord opened the drawers and grabbed a bandage and unwrapped it feeling a tug at his trouser leg he looked down. The monster had a pack of antiseptic wipes in his mouth. Tord knelt and took the pack from the small being an smiled, he cleaned his wound and wrapped it up. 

"damn boy, you cut deep, ill need to go to the infirmary. Come with me, the soldiers might hurt you" He clutched his injured arm and walked down the hallways with the puppy like monster scampering around his feet.

Guilt wracked the monster, he knew he caused this as this monster is Tord's greatest enemy, Tom.