Chapter Eight

Mina's P.O.V:

I don't know what I am thinking when I ran from the van to the basement as soon as we've arrive. I'm not even thinking! I danced in full energy with music playing on phone. I didn't plugged it on the speaker 'cause they might hear me-- she might hear me.

Why did I even tried to avoid her? Maybe I was just a bit overwhelmed? Oh the worry look on her face when she thought she scared me. It was painful to look at-- I just wanna hug her and rain her with kisses. I did, but not in "xoxo" way. Her lips just look so kissable that night so I can't help but use the water as an excuse. How did I even come up with that?

Today we have a day off to rest, and that's good because I'm sick. I kept coughing and sneezing. The sweat probably dried on my back. The memberneun went out to enjoy their time except Jihyo and Tzuyu who stayed to take care of me. I can see that they want to go out though. I told them that I'm not dying yet so they can have fun. They shook their heads and told me they will when a member or two comes home. They dialed them and a few minutes later they're saying their goodbyes and I'm responding with my take cares. Jihyo and Tzuyu's presence were changed by,

"Dahyun? Momo?" I asked when they walked inside the living room. I'm currently watching a drama on the phone. Bundled up and eating snacks. Laying down lazily on the couch.

"Momo unnie here, kept pestering me to go home with her so we could take ca--" Momo went to cover up Dahyun's mouth. I'm now curious, but everything she says came out muffled.

"How are you? Minari," said Momo after they had a silent agreement on not to continue on what was Dahyun supposed to say. Momo knelt on the floor next to me and leaned down slowly making my eyes bulge and my heartbeat raised. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Dahyun's shocked expression. But then Momo merely just pressed her forehead on mine to feel my temperature-- it's a Japanese thing.

"I don't have a fever," I said, staring at her doll like brown eyes. She pulled back and rummaged through her plastic bag they bought. She pulled out a disposable mask and handed it to me, "Here, wear it."

I took the mask and wore it. Dahyun took something from the plastic. "I'm gonna cook noodles for us," she said before leaving both Momo and I alone.

I turned back to Momo who turned back to me. She smiled then leaned in to my ear. "You're sick and I want to kiss you, but I can't," she whispered.

I pinched her arm making her pull away, whining. Good thing I'm wearing a mask so she can't see that my cheeks are burning. "You're an efing horndog!"

"What? It's a form of affection," she said. She leaned down again and kissed my forehead gently making my heart flutter against my chest. "And I didn't say a kiss on the lips." she added.

"What a tease!"

She barked a laugh then suddenly stop and looked at me with a solemn expression. I stared back at her and the way she looked at me gave me warmth and a fuzzy feeling in my body. My heart skip a beat when she gently touch my face with both of her hands. She stared right into my eyes. "I love teasing you so much, Minari." she said.

"Then don't stop teasing me," I said before pulling her in and pecked her on the lips. She was stoned for a second before a smile broke on her face. She nuzzled our noses together making me smile like an idiot. "You could have gotten me sick too Minari," she said softly.

"But I have my mask on, don't worry."

"I want to worry."

"Huh?" she suddenly pulled the masked down and kissed me on the lips. We kissed gently making me savor her soft lips. I didn't dare open my mouth becauseI might transfer my sickness. I worried for her health so I pushed her away gently. "You might get sick," I said.