Mason

A/N So I realized I didn't explain where Mason came from so I'm gonna make this chapter so there are no loose ends or lingering questions on your minds.This takes place before a few years before "Family". and finally the entirety of this chapter is Sara's Pov.

{Sara's Pov}

"Tonight could have gone better"I say to myself while running through the city's rooftops.(Y,n) and me had a pretty bad fight,I said some things I didn't mean (Y,n) did the same and I just need some fresh air and a mugger to punch (mostly the ladder) luckily it didn't take long to find one or three actually,all of them had surrounded someone at the end of an alleyway.Im about to jump down when my phone starts vibrating I don't even have to look at the screen to know that it's (Y,n).I look at the contact photo it's the picture we took way back at the Christmas festival it always brings a smile to my face even now but I'm still mad at (Y,n) so while I feel a bit bad about it I just ignore the call.I drop down into the alley alerting the muggers.

"How about you leave them alone or I'll break your arms,personally I prefer the ladder"I say pulling out by bo staff I really expected all of them to bum rush me but they all just left,it's the first time the thugs have actually given up and since they just walk away I just go check on the victim.I slowly approach the person their on the ground they don't seem hurt,their clothes are ragged,it's safe to assume this is a homeless person which makes me wanna run after and beat up those thugs,but I put aside that urge and go check on the person.I kneel by their side.

"Are you hurt?"I try to flip the over.

"I'm ok I just scraped my knee"The voice that said that shocked me,they sounded so young.I finally flip them over and I'm shocked it's just a kid a damm kid and those dudes were trying to mug him! If wasn't worried for this kid I might've run off and beat those thugs senseless.

His knee was bleeding it wasn't anything serious a band aid will probably stop the bleeding but since I don't have one on hand I rip a piece a small piece of my clothes off to use as a makeshift bandage.

"This might sting a little sweetie"Carefully I wrap the fabric around the kids knee I slowly tighten it,the kid whimpers in pain and squeezes my jacket,when I'm done wrapping up the bandage I try to talk to the boy to see if he's actually homeless.

I sit down beside him"So what are you doing in this alley you get lost?"I really hoped that was the case just a boy who got lost on his way home.

"I live here Miss"his tone was normal like that happens to every child like he didn't know any other way to live.

"You live here,in this alley?"

"Yes I used to live in the orphanage but I ran away"His voice sounded sad like if it was a touchy subject.

"Why'd you run away?"

"The kids are mean,they left me with a lot of bruises,I had to leave especially when no one believed I was getting beat up"He looked me straight in the eyes I could tell this kid has been through a lot of pain physically and emotionally.

I couldn't come up with a response I really didn't know what to do or what to say,I look up at the sky,the moon is almost directly above us."It's pretty late,I'm not sure you should stay out here with those assho- idiots around"

"So where do I go?"

After a moment of thinking my words over I come up with an answer"You could stay with me for tonight"I really do have a soft spot for children.