'Til We Meet Again (2)

pt 2 boo carleeynutella

~

Michael woke to feeling himself curled up and warm, for once. He hummed and shifted slightly, feeling jeans rub against his arm and leg. He also felt fingers playing mindlessly with the hair at the nape of his neck, tugging and twisting gently. He thought that he was in someone else's house other than Lukes' for a moment, before he heard the familiar chatter of Ashton and Calum in the distance, and even Jack. He decided to listen in for a minute, and enjoy the feeling of fingers playing with his hair.

"That's one of the first times I've seen Luke so calm around him, honestly." Ashton said, and Michael pictured Luke with his earbuds in, listening to music, playing on his phone, or texting a friend, unable to hear their conversation.

"Yeah, he was telling me at one point how nervous he sometimes got even texting Michael." Jack said, letting out an amused puff of breath. "Now, look at that - he's got him on his lap, playing with his hair. That's a first."

"He called me last night," Ashton started, and Michael strained to listen closely, "he was kind of analyzing Michael, because he's been catching him staring at him, more often his lips." Michael froze, thinking that Luke had complained or was thinking Michael was strange.

"Really? What'd you say to him?" Calum piped up.

"I told him that Michael was falling too." Michael perked up when he heard 'too,' and made a note of it. "And that he should kiss him sometime soon. Basically, I'm going to be stalking them for the rest of this summer until they finally break the tension." Calum and Jack laughed, and Michael smiled at Ashton's small giggle. His laugh was almost always better than the joke.

"Yeah, Ben thinks Michael's sketchy. I don't know how, he seems super sweet to Luke," Jack mused, and Ashton hummed.

"Michael dyes his hair bold colours, that's why. And he influenced Luke to get a piercing. But he's a total softy beneath the layers of 'punk rock,' and everyone here knows it. Michael's just really fucking stubborn." Michael made a note to post a slightly strange and cringey photo of Calum on his Twitter when he had a chance.

"Think he woke up and just listened into our conversation?" Calum asked, and Michael rolled his eyes to himself. Calum knew him too well.

"Maybe." Ashton mused, and listened to them say they didn't really care anyways.

He felt a familiar gaze on him and quickly shut his eyes, hoping Luke would think that he was still sleeping. But he heard and felt Luke chuckle, before tugging at his hair a bit harshly. Michael yelped, his head jerking back with Luke's tug. He glared at Luke, knowing that he got found out.

"Asshole - that hurt." Michael said, his morning voice low and rough. He cleared his throat as Luke grinned cheekily, footsteps becoming louder as the trio walked into the living room. He looked over at them, and saw Calum raising an eyebrow at him, seemingly asking a silent question that the two both knew as soon as Michael blinked and quirked the corners of his lips up in half a second, not missing a beat to say good morning to them, and ignore Luke playfully, until he pulled at his hair again.

"Stop," Michael whined, his neck craning back, "that fucking hurts."

"Good, you deserve it, you little shit." Luke huffed, and Michael rolled his eyes, rubbing his neck as Luke let go of his hair.

"Doesn't mean you have to break my neck, jerk." Michael countered, and Jack chuckled at his little brothers' pouty face. Michael's lips twitched, as if he were holding back a smile, before poking at Lukes' bottom lip, and rolling off to stand up and stretch.