'Til We Meet Again (3)

THERES A LITTLE BONUS PART AT THE END, SORRY IF THIS IS TOO LONG FOR YALL

It was three weeks before Michael had to leave to go back to his senior year in high school, and he was sad that his time with Luke was running out. Luke was clinging to him for dear life half the time, and he didn't exactly blame the boy. Calum and Ashton were over constantly, even sleeping over for a solid three days.

Currently, Michael was holding Luke close to his chest, seeing as they were finally able to catch a private moment, away from Ashton, Calum, and his family.

"Do you have to leave?" Luke asked. Michael nodded.

"I do. I'll see you soon, though, my winter break starts a week earlier than yours," Michael says, nuzzling his head into Luke's neck.

Luke sighed, running his fingers through Michael's hair. Michael leaned into his touch, humming appreciatively. Luke smiled as Michael nestled closer, seeing as he hardly ever let Luke do this. He's pretty sure it's because Michael doesn't want to undermine his whole punk-rock exterior, but he's seen how Michael gets when he doesn't really care about that - he gets childish and cuddly, almost clingy. Luke found it adorable, the rare times he's seen it happen.

They were almost hiding from Ashton and Calum, who were hyper on all the caffeine they've taken in and pestering the couple whenever they saw them. At the moment, they were fooling around in the kitchen while Luke and Michael hid in Luke's room.

Michael pulled his head back to look at Luke, who leaned his head against Michaels, kissing him softly. He kept one hand in his hair, gripping it loosely and letting the other rest on his hip.

They were interrupted by the opening of Luke's door, jumping apart and looking at who it was - Liz.

Michael hadn't really had a chance to meet her, considering she was working almost all day, even staying at her office for weeks at a time. Luke said this didn't happen often, and that she was working a big case at her law firm. Michael understood - his dad was a surgeon. He was gone for days at a time and had maybe two days off, and even then, he went in for overtime a lot.

"Um, h-hi," Michael stuttered, nerves taking over his speech. Luke snickered as his cheeks turned pink, earning him a glare from the shorter boy.

"Hello, who are you?" Liz said sweetly, but still confused, looking to Luke for some sort of explanation.

"I'm - um, I'm Michael," Michael stumbled over his words, giving Liz a small smile. She nodded, still confused. Michael looked to Luke for help, who grinned and calmly took his place behind Michael discreetly placed a hand on his waist to help him calm down a bit.

"Mum, this is Michael, the one I've been talking to for the past few years," Luke said. Liz's eyebrows shot up.

"Oh, I remember now. I'm sorry, Michael, my memory is fried from this case I've been working on," She smiled at Michael, helping to relax him a bit. "You're Luke's best friend, from what I've heard."

Luke snorted, hiding his face in Michaels hair as he giggled quietly into it. Michael flushed red as Luke made no move to help him explain the situation, and Liz looked confused.

"Um - ac-actually, w-we're uh, kind of - kind of a c-couple," Michael said quietly. He struggled to get the words out coherently, making Luke giggle even more as he rubbed the back of his neck and fidgeted with his shirt, definitely in an uncomfortable position.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that," Liz said.

Luke saved him from making a fool out of himself and decided to wrap his arms around Michael's waist, resting his head on his shoulder and trying not to smile too much. "He's my boyfriend, mum." Luke summed up, and Liz let out a small 'ah' as she understood. Michael was turning the same shade as his hair, and it made Luke grin and peck his cheek. Michael glared at him and smacked his shoulder, huffing as Luke and Liz laughed.