**Blood-Stained Coffee

⚠️Trigger Warning; Trauma, Gunshots/Public Shooting, Religion-based homophobia, blood.⚠️

Michael looked up at the stranger that had just asked to sit down, blinking and trying not to stare.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," Michael scooted his backpack to under his feet, letting the boy sit down. He looked like he was around Michael's age, and the smeared rainbow on his cheekbone showed off their similar sexuality. Michael was bi, and this guy looked like he was a little nervous to be sitting next to him. He knew the feeling.

He rolled up his sleeve and subtly showed off the bisexual bracelet he always wore, seeing the boy glance down at it and smile.

"Nice face paint." Michael said.

"Nice bracelet." The boy said.

"Parade?"

"Yep. You?"

"I wish. Closeted. Family doesn't believe in bisexuality."

The boy nodded, sympathetic.

"I snuck out."

Michael snorted. A few people turned to glare, and one man in particular - a white, black haired guy with a bushy beard in particular.

"Think he's a homophobe?" Michael asked. The boy glanced to where Michael had been looking. He nodded.

"Seems like the kind of guy who does things in the name of God," The boy said. Michael smiled.

"Michael."

"Luke. Mind if I get your number?"

Michael nodded with a smile, and Luke handed over his phone. People were looking at them, yes, but that didn't matter. They dealt with it all the time.

"You two should go to church and beg for forgiveness, you know." The man in the bushy beard shouted.

Michael and Luke looked up at him.

"What do I need to be forgiven for? Flirting?"

Michael held back a smile.

"For being homosexual."

"Actually, I'm bisexual. Doesn't count." Michael grinned, giving Luke a small high-five. The man glared at him.

"Half gay. Counts."

"I have preferences and exceptions. Do your research, mate." Michael said, getting defensive.

The man kept glaring at them.

"Wanna get off at the next stop with me?" Luke asks. Michael nods.

"Yeah, that dude's freaking me out." He said, glaring at the man, who scoffed and looked away. "Twenty first fucking century, mate. Who cares?"

"God, apparently." Luke snorts, Michael smirks, his classic witty comeback coming to mind.

"Good thing I'm an atheist."

Luke laughs.

Minutes later, at the next stop, the two stood up, and so did the man. They ignored him and got off quickly, knowing that he was behind them.

"Café?" Luke asks. Michael nods. They duck into the friendly area, ordering some coffee and a muffin for Michael.

Luke and Michael hit it off instantly - there were other couples like them, too. Two elderly men in the back holding hands, some girls pecking each other near the door, a younger pair of men that were probably in their thirties, grinning and fiddling with their rings. It was obviously a LGBTQ+ community friendly place.