You Smell Like Him

SOMEBODY BUY ME A NEW CALENDAR SO I CAN ACTUALLY PLAN UPDATES AGAIN JESUS CHRIST
DOUBLE UPDATE FOR HOW LONG IVE BEEN AWAY AND ON HOLD THO, ENJOY LOVELIES

Michael walked into the local bar, beanie covering his bed hair. He didn't really care about his appearance tonight.

"Well, someone needs a bowl of ice cream." Ashton says from behind the counter. Michael looks up to see him smiling at Michael sadly.

"It's fine, it's been six months." Michael's fingers twitch.

"Six months...?" Ashton trails off, looking at Michael expectantly.

"Six months, two days, five hours, and eight seconds." Michael sighs. He hates how he can keep track of time like that. Especially when it comes to Luke.

Ashton gives him a pitiful look. "I'll get the chocolate."

Michael snorts, sitting down on the stool. Ashton goes into the back room, where they keep the ice cream. Ashton thinks that his co-workers just got it for Michael, considering how much ice cream he needed for a solid two months. Nobody else knew about it anyway.

Ashton brought out the giant bowl a few moments later. Michael thanked him and dug in.

"Hey," A girl says, sliding into the stool next to Michael.

Instantly, he's thrown off, because she smells like vanilla.

Luke's blue flannel comes to mind. He wore that every day, and he'd left it on the counter the day he left Michael. He didn't come back to get it, and Michael hasn't even touched it yet.

"Hey." Michael says, giving her as much of a smile he can manage.

"Where the hell did you get the ice cream?" She asks. Michael smiles.

"Just ask for it to the curly haired guy. Especially if you really need it. But the chocolate's mine," Michael jokes.

"That's unfair." She says, pouting a little bit. Michael shrugs, trying to ignore the fact that she's wearing skin-tight skinny jeans, almost exactly like the ones Luke would wear when he's trying to get Michael to do something for him.

"So is life, sweets." Michael chuckled.

"You're a decent guy. What's your name?" She asks, leaning on the counter.

"Michael."

"I'm Amelia."

"Lovely to meet you, Amelia."

"Are you Australian? Or Maori? I can't figure it out."

Michael laughs. "Aussie. So is the curly haired guy. We came here together a few years ago." And with Luke and Calum.

"Ah, I see." Michael's fingers twitch. He takes another spoonful of the ice cream, which was starting to melt. "Why the ice cream?"

"Six month anniversary of the day I became single," Michael sighs. He didn't really like saying that it had been six months and two days since Luke broke up with him. So he said this instead.

"Oh, damn. That sucks ass."

"Yeah."

"If you don't mind me asking," Amelia starts, shifting in her stool, "what was her name?"

Shit.

Michael bites his lip. "Wasn't a she, actually," He avoids her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What was his name?"

He grins a little. "Luke."

"I know a guy named Luke."

"Yeah?" Michael tries to keep the pain out of his voice. She smells so much like Luke. "Hemmings?"