Chapter 1

Hi guys, I really appreciate you reading this since it's the first story I've ever written. Feel free to comment on any misspellings or grammar mistakes. It would really help me. Thanks for reading. Enjoy :).

Please vote and comment.

***********************************

**Edited**

Friday, January 28, 1999.
18 years ago

"Alpha Blane." The Beta of the Grey Howlers Pack, Daniel, called out to his Alpha with a worried face when he walked into the meeting room full of other Alpha's.

"Yes Daniel?" He asked. He was signing some treaty papers with some neighboring packs.

"It's the Luna." Daniel stated. His voice was broken. He felt like something bad was going to happen.

Alpha Blane stopped what he was doing and rushed towards the pack hospital, with Daniel close behind.

"Wha-What happened?" He stammered while bursting through the door of the pack hospital. The pack doctor, Eric, rushes towards him to prevent him from walking into the room where his mate is in.

"She started to have pain in her lower abdomen. She's in labor, there's some complications, and there's bleeding and it's what's worrying me. I believe she's not going to make it." Eric informed, a devastating look on his face.

Alpha Blane just stared at the doctor with a dangerous look.

"You will save her." Alpha Blane said in a deathly voice. His voice almost breaking from the news he just heard from the doctor.

"We'll try our best, Alpha." Eric replied and walked back into the room.

"Daddy! What's ha-happening to mommy?" A little boy stammered, running towards Alpha Blane. It was Lucas Mason his first born, 2 year old son. Blane grabbed him and kissed him on the forehead and carried him to a seat.  "Where's mommy?"

"Everything will be alright Luke." Blane assured his son, hugging him tight, as if his son was the one that needed the hug.

A scream was heard, coming from the room where the Luna is in.

"Stay here Luke. Daniel watch him." Blane commanded as he rushed towards the room.

"I want mommy." Luke whispered and he started to go after his dad, but his little legs weren't fast enough because Daniel quickly grabbed him and carried him back to the seat, in which he started crying.

"Alpha you can't be in here!" A nurse said. He growled at her.

He looked at his mate that had sweat running down her face with her eyes shut tight, while clutching the bed sheets in pain.

"She's in pain! Do something!" He roared. He felt helpless, looking at his mate in pain not being able to do anything.

"We maxed out on morphine. We can't give her anything else." Eric stated.

Blane looked at his lovely wife who was already looking at him, with her dull blue eyes that use to be bright. Her pained face expression made him and his wolf whimper.

He quickly rushed towards her side and grabbed her hand.

"It's okay Lucia. You'll be alright. Just keep pushing, the pain will be over soon." He soothed her. Lucia pushed and screamed. He whispered sweet nothings in her ear while rubbing her back.

Blane hated seeing this. He prayed to the moon goddess with tears to not take her from him.

"Blane." Lucia said in a hoarse voice.

"Shh. It's okay. Everything will be okay." Blane assured.

"Okay one more push." Eric said.

Lucia did as she was told squeezing her mates hand. After a few seconds a baby's cry was heard threw the room.

"It's a beautiful baby girl." The nurse said while grabbing a towel and gave it to the doctor who wrapped it around her after cutting the umbilical cord.

Lucia smiled weakly while extending her arms out so she can hold her baby girl.

"You did it." Blane whispered kissing his mate on the forehead.

"Blane I want to name her Blair." She whispered to him.

"I love it. I love you." He said kissing her.

"Nurse give me a hand over here." Eric yelled to the nurse.

Blane snapped his head towards the doctor, walking over to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked. He looked down and saw a lot of blood.

He looked at his mate who was about to pass out from blood loss.

The nurse grabbed the baby out of Lucia's hands and set her on the bed next to her.

"Lucia sweetie. Stay with me. Please. Don't leave me." Blane pleaded clutching her hand.

"I love you. Take care of our children." Laura murmured weakly as if she knew that this was the end for her.

"Eric! Do something!! Your the doctor for Christ sake! Save my mate. Save your Luna." He cried out and begged.

Lucia took a long deep breath and she closed her eyes. For the last time. No one will ever hear her angelic soft voice, or see her bright blue eyes, or even see her beautiful smile. Ever again.

There was a long auto of tuned beep sound coming from the heart monitor beside Lucia's bed.

"I'm sorry Alpha." Eric lamented. "She's gone."

A pained growl was heard through out the whole hospital.

Blane fell to his knees next to his mate and hide his face in his hands, crying as he felt like his whole world was collapsing. He clutched his chest in pain as if someone was ripping his heart out. His soul was broken. He was broken.

He gave out a pained, broken howl and  jumped out of the window in his wolf form and ran. He ran and never stopped. He lost his mate, his other half. It'll take years for him to recover.