Chapter 9

**Edited**

"Dad calm down." I told him. He was shaking with anger, and his eyes were dark as he tried to fight off his wolf.

"Calm down? How can I calm down." He exclaimed. "My daughter is practically in danger."

"Dad nothing will happen to me. You've always made sure of that." I said. You might be thinking yay she finally told him about me being mates with Reese. Hahah no. He's angry because a rogue managed to get past boarder patrol and left me the creepy note, and I ain't telling him after this.

Maybe in a few days. A month tops.

"Dad how about you go and interrogate the rogue we caught yesterday? Maybe he has answers." My brother told him. My dads breathing calmed down a bit and he nodded.

"You never told me how you guys caught this rogue." My dad said. My eyes went wide.

"Oh umm. Well you see. We were at this party we threw for Blair at the Moonlight Club." My brother said nervously. My dad raised an eyebrow at me.

"Who's idea to have a party all the way over there was it?" He asked us all.

"It was mine." I said before Sky could answer. I didn't want my dad to get mad at her. He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Continue." He told me.

"Okay. We were all having fun and stuff, and the party scene was too much for me, so I went to take a walk, and wondered too deep into the forest, and was sorta attacked by 6 rogues." I said while whispering the last part. "But don't worry I was saved by um Reese." I said hopefully my dad would think differently about him for saving his daughter.

"WHAT!?" He fumed. Or not. "Why was he anywhere near you?"

"He was around the woods and smelled them. If it wasn't for him then I probably would've been dead." I told him. I doubt it though. Pretty certain I could've taken them all down.

"He didn't hurt you right?" My dad asked worriedly my mate hurt me. I shook my head. "Okay good I won't have to kill him."

My heart clenched.

"I'll be in the dungeon." He told us. He grabbed me and gave me a tight hug. "Happy Birthday baby girl." He whispered, and pulled away and walked off.

I looked at the time on the clock.

7:00 in the morning. Saturday, January 28. My birthday. I'm officially 18.

My friends and brother all gave me a group hug and said happy birthday to me. I gave them a small smile. Even though I was feeling a bit sad inside. 18 years without my mother. They all pulled away except for Luke. We hugged each other for a few minutes until we pulled away.

•••••••••••••

"Hey is dad still in the dungeon?" I asked Sky as I stretched from the nice nap I had earlier. She nodded. "And my brother?"

"He's with him too." She told me. "And don't think about going down there. Your dad wouldn't like it. And it's scary."

Last time Sky and I went down there was when we were 8. It smelled like mold and it was humid. My dad saw us and he got mad. He told me never to come down there because it's for the bad people, and they're gonna come and get you. It scared the living daylights out of Sky, but not me. I've always been the curious one.

"Fine I'll go by myself." I said as I started walking out the door.

"Okay okay I'll come with you." She said as she got off the couch and caught up to me.

••••••••••••••••

"It's like how a remember it. Creepy as fuck." Sky whispered as she held onto me and we walked down the steps of the entrance of the dark dungeon.

The scent of mold, blood, and rotting flesh made its way towards my nose making me gag. The intense humidity, and moist in here made my skin feel sticky, and my hair icky.

"It's thrilling." I whispered. She looked at me with like I grew two heads. I shrugged.

The sound of people screaming, crying and pleading made me feel a little guilty. I know it's not my fault they're in here, but what if they're innocent.

"Do you know how this got into my daughter's room?" I heard the familiar voice of my dad ask a rogue.

"I don't know." The rogue said with no emotion in his voice.

A loud smack echoed throughout the dungeon making me cringe. We got closer and saw a rogue chained to the wall. My dad was in front of him holding the note in his left hand. My brother was leaning against the left side of the wall with Gabriel and Daniel at his side.

"Now I will give you another chance. Tell me why this was in my daughter's room. Or I swear. I will chop off each of your limbs one by one. Slowly." My dad threatened. The rogue gave my dad a sadistic laugh. He was young. Around my age. Maybe older.

"You don't scare me. I'd rather die then tell you anything that's going to happen to your precious daughter." He smirked. My dad punched him in the stomach making the rogue cough from the lack of air in his lungs, and then he went back to laughing.

My eyes were wide at what's I was seeing. Skylar was breathing heavily.

My dad took out a knife with a purple liquid on it. Wolfsbane.

"What are you planning!?" My dad roared. The rogue said nothing putting the knife on the rogues chest. And started to dig into it. The rogues eyes went wide. I guess you really don't want to die. He started to scream from the pain.

I got out my hiding spot.

"Dad he won't say anything if you keep hurting him." I spoke from behind them. They all snapped their heads towards me. Sky walked out from the hiding spot and stood beside me. The rogue gave me a creepy smile as he saw me. Okay never mind dad keep hurting him.

"Blair what are you doing here." Luke said as he walked up to us.

"I was just curious." I simply said.

"Skylar what are you doing here. You know you can't be here." Gabriel her dad exclaimed.

"I know dad I j-" She started to say but I cut her off.

"I dragged her with me. Don't get mad at her." I said.

"And why did you come here." My dad said still pointing the blade at the rogue.

"I just wanted to hear what he has to say." I told my dad.

"Young Blair. How beautiful you are." The rogue said with lust in his eyes. I'm going to barf. My dad dug the blade a little more making the rogue cry out.

"Was it one of your rogue 'friends' that put this in my bed?" I asked the rogue. He smirked at me.

"I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. Patience Blair. Soon you'll know. A little piece of advise. Careful who you trust. Even those you love. They might not be who you think they are." He said as he pushed himself against the blade making it go threw his heart.

***********************************

Intense.

Hope you enjoyed.