Chapter Two

By the way Beth is twenty four and Daryl is fourty

Beth put Giovanni in his high chair before grabbing a baby bowl and cheerios and pouring him cheerios in the bowl. She then started making cereal for her kids, each kid has their preferences of cereal so she just poured their favorite into bowls and put them on the big table in the dinning room. Roman, seventeen and the oldest comes downstairs and kisses Beth's cheek before sitting down where his food was.

Roman's life before Beth was tough, he was abandoned at his school at six years old by his birth parents, he then was taken by a social worker to the orphanage. When Roman met Beth at sixteen he was a bit shy but Beth found it adorable and took a liking to him.

In came Ireland, she's sixteen and when Beth met Ireland, Ireland's name wasn't Ireland it was Frankie but she didn't like her name so she told everyone to call her Ireland. Beth thought it was a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl. Ireland's birth mother was a drug addict and her birth dad was shot and killed. The state took her away and put her into the system.

Marley, Sawyer and Nolan were the next to come down and say good morning. Marley is fifteen, her birth mom died giving birth to her and her birth father left the mom before Marley was born. One of the nurses that helped deliver her said she looked like a Marley so that was to be her name.
Sawyer is twelve, her birth mother was a stripper and an alcoholic and her birth father was a pimp. Her birth mother dropped her off at the orphanage when she was six and apparently Sawyer just flipped her off and walked into the orphanage. Nolan is eleven, his birth parents abandoned him at birth when they found out he had a congenital heart disease.

Luka, Nixon, Royal and Mae came downstairs and sat down at the table. Luka is seven, his birth grandparents made Luka's birth mother give him up because she was sixteen. Nixon and Royal were rape babies and were given up the moment they were born. Mae is five, her parents couldn't take care of her so they gave her up to have a better life.

Last but not least Solomon and Paris came downstairs and got in their boosters like Mae did before them. Solomon is four and his background is unknown but Beth swears that the boss of the orphanage was Solomon's birth mother because she was known as a hard ass but when she looked or talked with him she would always do it with affection. Paris is four, her birth parents abused her physical and mentally. Their neighbor called the cops on them when they saw them through their window beating her with a whip.

"Nolan, take your medicine don't just stare at it." Beth said. Nolan groaned and took his meds. After breakfast Roman drove himself, Ireland and Marley to their school while Beth drove the rest of the kids to school. She went to work after she dropped off Giovanni at the babysitter. She was CEO of Greene Industry and she works half the day then spends the rest of the day with her family. It was challenging sometimes but she made it work even though her personal life was nonexistent, but that was the price to pay for raising twelve kids.

The day went by and Beth was ready to deal with whatever news her childrens teachers were going to say at the parent teacher conference for Roman, Ireland and Marley. She drove to their high school and parked in the parking lot. She got out of the car and walked inside and found her kids talking to an older dude and Beth could tell that it wasn't a pleasant conversation.

"You think just cause your fake mommy is a rich lady means you get any of her money." The guys said which pissed Beth off.

"Excuse me but who the fuck do you think you are talking to my kids like that!!" Beth said. They all looked at her in shock. "How dare you call me their fake mom and talk to them like that, you are lucky I don't kick you ass right here you son of a bit-" she was saying but Roman put his hand over her mouth as another man joined them.

"What's going on here?" He asked. Beth pulled Roman's hand off her mouth and turned to the guy who just showed up.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Mr. Grimes, the principal" he said.

"Well Mr. Grimes this prick right here is harassing my kids." She said. Mr. Grimes looked at her kids with a raised eyebrow.

"Is that true Mr. Greene?" He asked.

"Mr. Carter has been harrasing my sisters and I for about four months." Roman said.

"I'm going to kick your ass." Beth said taking a step towards Mr. Carter, Roman was quick to step in front of his mom.

"Mrs. Greene, please refrain from hurting anyone and I will deal with Mr. Carter." He said. "Mr. Carter, please follow me to my office." He said then turned around and left with Mr. Carter following him. Beth turned to her kids.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"We didn't want you to worry." Marley said.

"I'm a mom, it's my job to worry." Beth said.

"Can we just get this over with I'm tired and I have homework." Ireland said.

"Fine" Beth said. They headed to their teacher's rooms. They finished all but one teacher and that was Mr. Dixon.