Chapter Twelve

Beth's outfit

The next morning Beth woke up and got ready for the day. After that she went into Giovanni's room to see him playing with his teddy bear.

"Hello handsome" she said picking him up and kissing his cheek. As she went over and changed his diaper Ireland came into the room.

"Mom, have you seen my favorite top?" She asked.

"It's in the dryer" Beth said.

"Thanks" she said then left as Roman entered.

"Mom, Solomon woke up Royal before Nixon." He said.

"Oh great, now she's going to be in a bad mood all day." Beth said. "Will you change Giovanni's clothes while I go see what's to be done with that situation?" She asked.

"Sure" he said taking Beth's place. Beth quickly went across the hall and into Nixon and Royal's room to see Nixon trying to calm down Royal.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry Solomon woke you up, I promise it won't happen again." She said picking Royal up to comfort her. Royal slowly stopped crying and put her head on Beth's shoulder.

"Nixon go get ready for school, I will take care of your sister." Nixon nodded and got dressed while Beth sat Royal on her bed and picked out her outfit. She helped her put it on before helping her put on her shoes and socks. Royal tied her shoes then took Beth's hand. Beth left the room with Nixon and Royal and headed downstairs and to the kitchen to see Ireland and Marley getting out the cereals. Beth thanked them before taking the twins to the dinning room and putting them on their chairs. She then went back into the kitchen and helped with breakfast.

After everyone had breakfast Beth got out the school lunches as they got their backpacks, Beth got the lunches pasted out then Marley handed Giovanni's carseat to her then ran off to get in Roman's car. Beth got the children out the door and buckled the carseat in before she shut the door and went around to the drivers side and got in. She drove the kids to school before taking Giovanni to his babysitters.

After that she called her receptionist and told her to cancel or move her appointments today cause she was not coming in. She then went to her favorite fancy clothing store and looked around. After an hour of looking she had finally found an outfit she liked. It was a white dress with blue floral print on it, then she got blue heels and a blue clutch bag to go with it. She paid for her stuff before calling Le Fancy and making a reservation. It was booked but being rich has its perks and so she got a private room for them.

After that she made an appointment at three at her favorite hair salon then went home to do some much need laundry. When the time came to go pick up the kids she had one batch of laundry left. She quickly got in her car and picked up Giovanni, Mae, Paris and Solomon at the babysitters then she picked up Luka, Nixon and Royal at elementary school before picking Sawyer and Nolan up from junior high. She drove home after that to see that Roman's car was there. She parked the car and got out before opening the door and letting the kids out.

"Sawyer, Roman is in charge until I get back from the hair salon." She said taking the carseat out and handing it to Sawyer.

"Okay" she said then went inside. Beth got into her car and drove to the salon. Once she got there she parked her car and walked in.

"Beth Greene is that you?" One of the hairstyles said teasingly. Beth smiled at her friend Michonne.

"Michoone, it's been a long time." She said.

"Yes it has, sit your butt down in this chair and tell me what's going on." Michonne said. Beth chuckled but did what she was told.

"I have a date tonight and I need my hair done." Beth said.

"About time you started dating, I was thinking you might never get yourself a man." She said.

"Well that's something you and my kids agree on." Beth said as Michonne started doing her hair.

"How are thoses darlings doing?" She asked.

"Great, they are all super excited that I'm finally doing something for me." She said. "What about you? How's your husband?"

"Rick is doing well he's actually a principal now at the high school that your three oldest are at." She said.

"Oh my gosh" Beth said shocked. She had never met Rick before since she was gone overseas for all of their relationship including their wedding.

"What?" She asked curiously.

"I total let my mouth fly in front of him because a teacher was harrasing my kids." She said embarrassed.

"That was you!!" She said laughing. "Rick told me about a blonde woman cussing out a teacher who was harrasing her kids."

"Yup, that's me the crazy mom" she said as Michonne finished up her hair.

"Well there you go, your hair is done." She said. Beth smiled and stood up.

"Thank you Michonne" she said paying her before giving her a hug.

"No problem hon" she said. Beth left and hurried home. Once she got home  it was already five thirty, she quickly went to her room and got ready. She had no time to think about how nervous she was about this date. She hadn't been on a date in over four years since her last boyfriend had broken her heart by cheating on her. Ever since she was either to busy or just couldn't handle another guy.

"Mom, do you need-" Ireland said as Roman and her walked in just as Beth was putting her perfume on. "Wow, you look fantastic." She said.

"Thanks" she said then grabbed her clutch and pulled out thirty bucks. "This should be enough to get two orders of pizza and I want the kids in bed by the time I get back."

"Okay" Roman said taking the money. Beth kissed their cheeks before heading downstairs to kiss her other children. Paris really didn't want her to go and held on to her leg, Roman and Ireland had to pry her hands and legs off Beth so she could answer the door when it rang. She quickly opened the door and went out shutting it before she heard the cries of her little girl. She looked up to see she was only a nose inch away from Daryl. He cleard his throat and took a step back from her.

"You look amazing" he said.

"Thanks" she said as the door opened. Beth turned to see Ireland holding her clutch.

"You dropped this" she said handing the clutch to her.

"Thanks, take care of the kids and don't let them eat anything sugary and the little ones like a bedtime story read to them and-" she said.

"Mom, enjoy your night and don't worry we got it covered." Ireland said then closed the door. Beth took a deep breath before turning to Daryl.

"Shall we go?" She asked. He nodded before they headed to Daryl's car.