Chapter Ten

A few days later Beth went over to Mr. Dixon's house to get her kids, the twins were finally better and the house cleaned with clorax bleach. She had missed her babies and wanted them home with her. She knocked on the door and a minute later a laughing Daryl opened the door.

"Hi" he said.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up my kids." Beth said.

"Okay come on in" he said pushing the door open for her. She stepped past him and saw her kids and a boy playing charades. Her kids looked up and saw her then stood, Nolan ran over and hugged his mother while Sawyer looked at who she guessed was her boyfriend. The young man stood up and cleared his throat.

"Hello Ms. Greene, I'm Grayson Hunter" he said holding out his hand to Beth. Beth let Nolan go and shook his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you." Beth said. Sawyer smiled then hugged her mom. "You are so lucky Roman talked me into you dating."

"I will have to thank him." Sawyer said.

"Yes you will" Beth said then looked at Daryl. "Thank you again for taking care of my kids."

"It was no problem if one of your kids gets sick and Nolan needs a place to stay I would be happy to take him." Daryl said.

"Noted" she said before leaving the house with her kids and Grayson. Beth watched as her kids ran for their house leaving her and Grayson to walk back.

"Ms. Greene, I wanted to let you know that I wouldn't do anything to hurt Sawyer, she means more to me than anything." Grayson said.

"Good to hear" she said then turned to him. "Because if you do I will chop off your balls"

"Understood" he said.

"Good let's go in" she said then entered the house.

Roman, Marley and Ireland waited for their brother and sister to meet them. They were excited to see what they had learned, Sawyer and Nolan came in followed by Grayson.

"Close the door" Roman said. Grayson turned and closed the door before turning back and joining Sawyer on the bed.

"Show us the paper." Ireland said. Sawyer took out the paper from her pocket and handed it to Roman. The three oldest took a look at the paper and smiled.

"Good job guys" Marley said.

"Thanks, so what's next?" Sawyer asked.

"Now you leak the information to mom." Roman said.

"And what will that do exactly?" Nolan said.

"It will get her even more interested in him." Ireland said.

"How do you know she is interested?" Grayson asked.

"We know our mother." Marley said.

"Okay, we will do it at dinner." Sawyer said before taking Grayson's hand and leading him out of the room.

"Do you really think we can get mom and Daryl together?" Nolan asked.

"Is that his name?" Roman said.

"It fits him well" Ireland said.

"And to answer your question we will try our best." Marley said.

"Good, cause I like Daryl he's really cool." he said before leaving. A few hours after Grayson left the Greene family sat down to dinner and step three began.

"Mom, didn't you say one time that grandpa used to ride motorcycles?" Sawyer asked.

"Yes, he used to ride when he was young, why?"

"I was just wondering cause Daryl rides motorcycles on his day off." Sawyer said.

"Really" she said.

"He says that our trouble making reminds him of his brother and sister who are trouble makers." Nolan said.

"He must be very alert." She said.

"Yup, he says since his family doesn't really like his lifestyle he doesn't really see them anymore. I can't imagine not seeing any of my siblings." Nolan said.

"Did Daryl say why his family doesn't like his lifestyle?" She asked.

"They don't like to follow the law." Sawyer said.

"Oh" Beth said.

"Did you know that he is grandma's boyfriend's age?" Sawyer said. Beth knew something fishy was going on and was only trying to figure out why they were telling her these things. It hit here all of a sudden making her narrow her eyes.

"Are you telling me this so I will be interested in him and ask him out?" She asked making Sawyer look at Roman.

"Roman, are you trying to set me up with your teacher?"

"No" he said.

"Don't you dare lie to me!" She said.

"We just want you to put yourself first for once." Ireland said making Beth stare at her in surprise.

"What?" She said.

"Ever since you came to the orphanage you have never put yourself first. You were always at the orphanage helping us." Ireland said.

"And it's not that we don't love you for it but we wish you could got out one night and go on a date." Marley said.

"I don't need a man right now." Beth said.

"That's a bunch of bullcrap." Nolan said surprising everyone even baby Giovanni looked up from his food to see what was going on.

"Daryl is a good man, a kind man, he1's the only person not part of my family that doesn't treat me like I'm sick. He comforted me when I came home after the field trip when the staff told me I had to stay with them the whole time and that I couldn't eat with my friends cause they wanted to keep on eye on me. I was so angry and upset that when I got back to his house I cried like a two year old." He said.

"Oh Nolan" Beth said.

"He took me to a guitar shop and bought me a guitar then told me that if I ever needed to talk about it that he was here for me." Nolan said. "He said I could leave my guitar there so if I ever did need to go I could come over and play it."

"Baby, I am so sorry that happened to you." Beth said.

"Go out with Daryl mom" he said.