Chapter Eight

The next morning Daryl woke up to voices next to him, he then remembered that Sawyer and Nolan Greene were staying with him for a few days.

"Is he dead?" Sawyer asked. Daryl felt fingers on his throat before being removed.

"No, he's alive" Nolan said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I'm pretty sure I'm alive." Daryl said opening his eyes to see them jump back. "What are you guys doing?"

"We are hungry" Sawyer said.

"Let me get up and get dressed then I will make you breakfast." They nodded before turning around and leaving the room. He got up and went into his bathroom to take a shower. After his shower he got dressed then headed downstairs and went into the kitchen.

"How did you guys sleep?"

"Fine" They said.

"Great, what do you guys want for breakfast?" He asked.

"Pancakes" They said.

"Pancakes it is" he said then started making them. "What do you guys want to do today?"

"I have dance lessons today at three." Sawyer said.

"I have guitar lessons at two" Nolan said.

"Okay, anything else?" He asked.

"Nope" Sawyer said.

"Liar" Nolan said making Daryl raise an eyebrow.

"Shut up Nolan!!" Sawyer said.

"Sawyer wants to hang out with her older boyfriend." Nolan smirked making Sawyer punch him in the arm.

"Ow you jerk"

"How much older is your boyfriend?" Daryl asked making Sawyer look down.

"He's fifteen" she said.

"Nolan, could you excuse us for a second?" Daryl asked. Nolan nodded before leaving the room. "Sawyer, are you and this boyfriend doing anything you shouldn't be?"

"No, we just hold hands and kiss every once in awhile." She said looking up at him. "Please don't tell my mom she would kill me."

"Sweetheart, you should tell your mom because what if this older boy hurts you." He said.

"But she will make me break up with him because she doesn't want anyone dating till they are at least sixteen." Sawyer said.

"So you are dating a boy that you aren't supposed too?" He said. Sawyer nodded.

"I love him" she said.

"You are to young to know what love is." He said.

"No I'm not, love is knowing that when you are not with that person you miss them. It's knowing you could see yourself with this person in the future, that's love." She said.

"You are very smart Sawyer." He said.

"Thank you" she said.

"So what is his name?"

"Grayson Hunter" she said.

"I know him and his older brother, they are both good kids." Daryl said.

"So if I tell my mom will you put in a good word for him?" She asked.

"Always hustling" he said shaking his head.

"Please Daryl" she begged.

"Fine I will put in a good word for him." He said making Sawyer smile.

"Thank you Daryl" she said.

"You're welcome" he said as Nolan poked his head in the doorway.

"Can I come back in now cause I need to take my medicine?" He asked.

"You can come back in, breakfast is ready." He said placing three plates on the kitchen table. He then got Nolan a glass of water before sitting down, Nolan took his pill before eating.

"Daryl, would you come with me on my date with Grayson?" She asked.

"Where to?" He asked.

"We are going to get ice cream before we have our dance lesson." She said.

"You have dance lessons with him?" He asked.

"He's her partner" Nolan said.

"You are just digging a bigger hole for yourself, you know that right?" He said.

"Yes and I don't care" Sawyer said then put a piece of pancake in her mouth.

"Does his mother know you are dating?" He asked.

"Yes and she's okay with it as long as we wait for sex till we are at least sixteen." She said making both Daryl and Nolan choke on their food.

"Sixteen!!" Daryl said shocked.

"Mom is going to kill you." Nolan said.
+
"Mom is going to kill you for what?" Beth said from the doorway making everyone look up at her. "I'm sorry for coming in but I did knock and your 3kxdoorbell seems to be broken."

"It's fine" Daryl said.

"Now tell me what I will kill you for." She said.