Chapter Eleven

Beth took a calming breath and walked up to Daryl's door. Last night was an eye opener for her, not just because her kids had been planning to set her up with Daryl but also she realized that they were right. She hadn't been putting herself first for a very long time, so she decided that for a least a few times a week she was going to put herself first and today was one of those days. She had left the kids with Roman after dinner then came here. She knocked on the door and waited, a few seconds later the door opened and Daryl stood there looking hot.

"Seems I am your favorite person Ms. Greene." He said smiling.

"Please call me Beth" she said nervous.

"Well Beth what can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner with me tomorrow?" She asked.

"Like on a date?" He asked.

"Yes" she responded.

"I'd love too" he said.

"Great, so how about we meet at my place at six then we headed over to Le Fancy?"

"Okay" he said.

"Okay" she said before turning and leaving. She went back to her house and the moment she entered she was bombarded by her kids.

"How did it go?" Roman asked.

"What are you going to wear?" Ireland asked.

"What are you guys going to do?" Marley said.

"We should go to the mall." Sawyer said.

"Just be yourself mom." Nolan said.

"It went well and I don't know what I'm wearing, probably something fancy since were going to Le Fancy, I'm not going to the mall and thank you for the advice Nolan." Beth said. "Now if you excuse me I have to get the little ones ready for bed." She then went past them and into the playroom.

"Okay munchkins time for a bath." She said. Nixon, Royal, Paris, Solomon and Mae stopped what they were doing and ran over to Beth hugging her legs. Beth laughed and tried get their hands off her legs.

"Marley, can you come here for a second." Beth said looking behind her. Marley came into the playroom and helped get them off her legs.

"Don't worry about Gio since we already gave him a bath and put him down for the night." Marley said.

"Thank you, how about you take the twins and I will take Solomon, Paris and Mae?" She said.

"Okay" Marley said taking the twins to the bathroom down the hall. Beth picked up Solomon and Paris while Mae held on to her pant leg. They made their way upstairs and to the bathroom. She set them down once they made it and turned on the water making sure it wasn't to hot or cold. After that she started to undress the little ones, putting them in one by one. She then got the toys from the bottom of the sink and put them in there for them to play with.

"Mommy, I painted a picture for you." Mae said.

"I can't wait to see it." Beth said pouring water down the back of her head.

"Mommy, I learned how to count to five." Solomon said.

"That's awesome Soloman, what did you learn today Paris?" Beth said. Paris looked up from her rubber duckie and counted to five.

"Wow, good job Paris." After cleaning Mae's hair, she went on to Solomon's.

"Mommy, I learned the ABC too." Solomon said as Beth washed his hair.

"I'm so proud of you buddy." She said moving onto Paris's hair. After finishing that she quickly washed their bodies before unplugging the bathtub. She then stood up and went to the cupboard and took out three towels. She then picked Mae up before setting her down on the ground and wrapping the towel around her. Mae ran out of the room and turned the corner, Beth heard her gasp and then Roman appeared with Mae in his arms.

"Lose something?" He teased.

"Not funny, would you take her into her room and get her night gown on please." She asked getting Soloman out of the tub and wrapped in a towel.

"Sure thing" he said then left. Beth then got Paris out of the tub and wrapped in a towel before picking them both up and taking them to their room they shared with Mae. She found Mae in her bed playing with one of her teddy bears. She quickly got them dressed before Nixon and Royal ran in fully dressed for story time. Tonight was Paris's turn to pick a book and she pick the story Beauty and the Beast. After reading that Paris, Mae and Solomon were asleep and Nixon and Royal were on the verge of sleep. She picked Nixon up and left the room and went down the hall to their room. She put him in his bed then kissed his forehead before doing the same thing with Royal. She turned on their night light then left the room and closed the door. She then went back to Solomon, Paris and Mae's room and tucked them in and kissed their foreheads before turning on their night light,  leaving the room and closing the door. She headed downstairs to see all of her kids had went to bed and it was just her. She went to her cupboard and took out a brand new bottle of wine then went to another cupboard and pulled out a wine glass before she headed to the living room. She sat down on the couch and poured herself a glass of wine right before her cellphone rang. She looked at the caller ID and smiled, it was her sister Maggie.

"Hey" she said.

"Hey girl, how are you and the kids?" Maggie asked.

"We're great, I just got the kids to sleep and now I'm drinking a glass of wine." Beth said.

"Same here, I just got Jamison to sleep and now I'm treating myself to a glass of wine." Maggie said.

"How's Glenn?" Beth asked.

"He's passed out in bed after a long stressful day at work." Maggie said. "Beth, I swear between my husband's long days and my little boy potty training I'm going insane." Beth chuckled.

"Least Jamison isn't trying to set you up with their history teacher." Beth said making Maggie laugh.

"Are you kidding?" She asked.

"Nope, Roman, Ireland and Marley with the help of Sawyer and Nolan are trying to set me up with the older kids hot history teacher." Beth said.

"How hot is he?" Maggie said.

"On a scale from one to ten, I'm going to have to say fifty." Beth said.

"Oh my gosh, you better ask him out before some other mom gets him." Maggie said.

"Well then I'm lucky that I already asked him out." Beth grinned.

"Way to go girl, I want details about your date after the date." She said.

"Will do, I have to go make the kids lunches before going to bed so I will call you tomorrow." Beth said.

"Okay good night" Maggie said before hanging up. Beth finished off her glass of wine before grabbing the bottle and taking them back in the kitchen. She put them away before starting on the lunches for Luka, Mae, Nixon, Royal, Paris and Solomon. After she was done with that she put them in the fridge and headed to bed.