Chapter Five

"What are you guys up too?" Sawyer said. Nolan and Sawyer came into Roman's room and stood in front of Roman.

"Nothing" Roman said.

"Roman, Marley talks in her sleep and told me that you were trying to hook mom up with someone named Mr. Dixon." Sawyer said.

"Sawyer, Mom told you to stop going into Marley's room and listening to her sleep talk." Roman said.

"Don't change the subject Roman." Nolan said.

"Fine, we are trying to get mom to put herself first for once." Roman said. Nolan and Sawyer looked at each other before looking back at Roman.

"Okay we're in" Sawyer said.

"No, we don't need you guys." Roman said.

"Well you either let us be apart of the plan or we will tell mom." Sawyer said.

"If you tell Mom, I will tell her you have a boyfriend and you know how she feels about dating before you're sixteen." He said.

"Come on let us in on the plan we promise we won't let you down." Sawyer said. Roman sighed and scratched his head.

"Fine, we are starting with a presentation that Marley, Ireland and I are doing just to get him interested in her then we gather information on him, that's where you guys come in. I need you to find out everything you can about Mr. Dixon who lives next door." He said.

"He lives next door?" Nolan said.

"It's a match made in heaven." Sawyer said.

"Yes he lives next door so tomorrow go over to his house and ask him these questions." He said handing Sawyer a list of questions.

"You got it boss" Sawyer said. They left after that so Roman got ready for bed. As he fell asleep his last thought was that this was going to work.

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

Daryl sighed as he got out of his car. He couldn't stop thinking about Beth and her three kids. He truly was surprised when Roman, Ireland and Marley showed up at his door and told him that they were his next door neighbors. He was intrigued by that and now he was intrigued by the fact that he was going to learn more about the Greene family.

He walked into the school and headed to his classroom. Once he unlocked the door he went inside and got ready for his first class. The students poured in and took their seats, talking to their friends as Daryl stood up and went to the front of the class.

"The assignment for your family history presentation is due today so if you forgot it you can still turn it in but I will subtract points from it, now who would like to go first." He said. Julia Price's hand shot up and everyone groaned. Julia was definitely a teacher's pet and didn't care who knew it.

"Grow up" she responded.

"Julia, you have the floor" Daryl said before backing away to sit on his stool. After Julia's went Jack Lawrence  followed by Ashley Taylor, Dominic Gage, Carson Alexander, Camille White and the rest of the class until everyone had gone but the Greenes. They stood up and started setting their computer up. A picture of twelve children popped up on the projector screen.

"This is our sometimes crazy family, there are twelve of us and all of us adopted by our mom." Roman said then hit a button on the computer to show a picture of Beth smiling.

"This is our mother Beth Greene, she is the CEO of Greene Industry and also an amazing mom." Ireland said before Roman hit another button and it showed a picture of Beth as a child holding a porcelain doll.

"When our mother was a little girl her parents got a divorce so she often spent most of the year either at our grandmother's or our grandfather's." Marley said. Roman hit the button to show a picture of Beth as a young adult standing around a bunch of kids in Africa.

"Our mother had a life changing event happened to her that made her take more action when it came to children. She went to Haiti, Africa, Taiwan, China, Philippines and many more places helping out where she could wither it was financial or physical work." Roman said then changed the picture to Beth with her kids at an orphanage.

"When she got back from her trip she found out about an orphanage that could use volunteers so she went and met her kids. Most of our siblings birth parents had abandoned them so they had some serious trust issues but that didn't stop our mom, spent a year gaining our trust." Ireland said.

"You may be asking if we have a father and we would say no, our mom has spent every second trying to make sure we are happy and health. She told us once when we asked her why she was here at the orphanage when she could be going on dates and getting married and all that stuff and she said if she didn't take care of us who would." Marley said.

"Our mother didn't have to adopt us after the orphanage closed, she could have let us live on the streets but that's not the person our mother is. She took us in and gave us food and a nice bed to sleep in. We thank her everyday for saving us and we hope that one day we can pay her back for what she did for us." Roman said pressings the button to reveal a family photo of the Greenes. Everyone clapped and cheered as they took a bow. Daryl was both impressed and emotional about the whole thing, it made his interest in their family grow strong and made him concerned. If he wasn't careful he could fall in love with the Greene family.