Chapter 1

Kirsten's POV

I don't know what I was thinking! Why would I kiss Cameron when he has a girlfriend. I know they have been fighting recently but it is still rude.

I run out of his building ignoring his frantic calls and head back to my home, where Camille is waiting for me.

"Hey weirdo what's wrong?" She asks clearly confused of my sweat and fearful face.

"I kissed Cameron." I mutter so low that she can't hear.

"Speak louder." She says agitated. I bet she thinks it's nothing, boy is she wrong.

"I kissed Cameron." I say louder and her face goes straight to shock.

"Kirsten he has a girlfriend!"

"I know"

"And they are still together?" She questions.

"I believe so." I state and begin walking to my room. Tomorrow I have to I have to go to work, where I will face Cameron.

Hopefully he doesn't make a big deal out of it.

Cameron POV

She. Kissed. Me.

I'm freaking out. It is what I've wanted since I met her but I have a girlfriend. We have been fighting a lot but we are still together.

"Cameron you home yet?" I hear Nina yell from the doorway.

"Yep in the bedroom." I say loud enough so she can hear me. She walks in looking really agitated.

"Long day?" I ask getting ready to hear pointless stories about people I don't even know.

"No, I'm mad at you." She said putting her bags down.

"What did I do this time." I say almost bored. It's always something stupid like I forgot to wash the dishes or water the plants.

"You were gone for the past two nights!" She said throwing her hands up in the air.

"I was at work you knew that." I said and I even called her to let her know.

"Yeah speaking of, what work were you doing?" She asks angrily. She has always wanted to know what I do, but I'd never tell her. Even if it meant ending our relationship.

"You know I can't tell you. It's for your safety." I say and she doesn't move. Doesn't even flinch.

"I don't care if you were climbing the Empire State Building. You haven't been home, not to mention you're always hanging out with that Kirsten chick." She said and I flinched remembering what happened not 30 minutes ago.

"She is my friend and if you can't accept that then I don't know what to tell you." I yell, we are past the point of keeping our voice down.

"She is weird Cameron. I try to be nice around her but it just keeps on getting harder. She is so unappealing." Nina says, and that is the final straw. I am about to yell again but then I think of how late it is and my neighbors next door.

"Get out, and don't come back." I say with a forceful tone. Thankfully she doesn't make me repeat myself. She grabs her bags and storms off towards the front door and slams it shut.

I'm always exhausted after one of our fights. Hopefully, that was the last one.