Chapter 10

Kirsten POV

When I wake up, I hear the steady beep that matches my heartbeat. It only takes me a second to realize that I'm in a hospital. All I can remember is the gun shot and pain in my shoulder. Did I get shot? It is the only rational explanation.

"Kirsten?" I hear a male voice say. I can only assume Cameron or Fisher. I open my eyes to slits and Cameron is sitting on the edge of my bed looking down at me.

"What happened?" I ask at a whisper, because talking any louder seems almost impossible.

"Well Nina shot you in the shoulder and you lost a lot of blood. You've been out for a couple hours, Nina is in custody and Fisher is interrogating her." He said in one long ramble. I grab his hand and smile.

"Thanks for knocking me down." I say and he shakes his head.

"If I had been one second sooner you wouldn't be in here to start with." He said frowning.

"It is not your fault." I say sternly and he smiles. I will never get tired of that smile.

"You can't stitch for awhile." He says and I laugh a little.

"I can't go anywhere because of Stinger anyway." I said and he laughs.

"We have reason to believe that Nina is working with Stinger." He says. I didn't doubt that from the start.

"Any chance that Fisher can get her to give away his location?" I ask. He shakes his head no. All I want is for this to be over.

"I told Fisher everything so you don't have to answer any questions." He said after a pause of silence.

"Thanks, when can I get out of here?" I ask sitting up a little bit.

"I think whenever you want, you just have to wear a sling for a couple days." He said and helped me stand. Once I had gotten changed he takes my hand.

But before we even reach the door a nurse walks in holding flowers.

"A man with a British accent asked me to give these to you Ms. Clarke." She said and she put them down.  I am stunned as I walk over to the little card attached. 

"Cameron, it says be ready." I say and turn to him. His face pales, Nina knew where he lived, Liam knows where I live, Stinger knows where the Stitchers lab is.

"It's ok." He says but I can see that not even he believes those words.

"There is nowhere safe for us." I say and he shakes his head.

"Fisher already got you an apartment to live in until this blows over." He said.

"Us." I say correcting him. "You're in danger now too, and I can't loose you." I say and he smiles.

"You're not going to." He says and finally we kiss for the second time.

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!