ONE

ONE: METAMORPHOSIS

HER NEW MISSION, as Sage would put it, was to seek the possible new mermaids

HER NEW MISSION, as Sage would put it, was to seek the possible new mermaids. What happened in that moon pool was not just for the mystical views, it had unleashed something powerful. And that power was not only absorbed by Sage, but by the other girls as well.

Trying to find any of the girls from last night seemed difficult as Sage had only the ocean to scavenge for. She had almost given up when she spotted a certain authoritative blonde lay down her beach towel on the white, sandy floor.

Once Emma had stripped into her blue bikini top and matching bottom, she started down towards the splashing waves. Sage slowly moved closer, trying her best to not reveal herself, but she knew if anything were to go awry she could always go invisible.

Once Emma resurfaced for air, her smile had turned into a frown of fright as she looked down to her feet only to see they were gone and replaced with a gigantic orange tail. It had confirmed Sage's suspicions, so diving back once more to return to her search for the other girls, she left the blonde mermaid confused and frantically splashing around.

Swimming from one side of the beach to other, coast to cost, only to find the other blonde walking around, conventionally near the boardwalk where Sage was near. The mermaid kept her head deep enough in the water to still keep an eye on the blonde, but low enough not to get caught by anyone else. As Rikki was passing through, she ignored the sprinkler that was showering the green grass a few meters away.

Sage cursed herself for what she was about to do, but there was no other way to find out. She lifted her hand from above the water and used her powers to redirect the sprinkler's water flow to face Rikki.

Thinking it was a mechanical error, the blonde glared at the source that just completely soaked her. She quickly got out of the way so she wouldn't get more wet that she already was, but as soon as she was out of the are she dropped to the ground.

She groaned in pain before looking down at what caused her fall. Then she gawked at what she discovered: an orange tail, it didn't even look real. She lifted her tail to make sure she wasn't just hallucinating, and the weight of that thing was no joke.

Not wanting to leave Rikki's exposed, Sage dried her off with her powers again before sinking down into the ocean and planned her next move.

Two out of three girls were mermaids, so Sage could only assume that the last girl had also discovered this new change of hers. Now, she needed to locate all three of them and have a, hopefully, calm heart-to-heart with them. She couldn't just leave them to figure out everything on their own. They needed a guide, and if that means Sage, then so be it.

Of course, Sage couldn't splash around and wait for them to find her, she needed to act fast. And there was only one way she could find the land-girls, Sage needed some legs of her own.