FOUR

FOUR: MOON SPELL

A COUPLE OF BUMPS in the road happened the previous nights before this particular one; the mermaid's secret had almost been revealed—twice, in a matter of fact. Although the mermaids had recovered well from the little conflicts, but they had yet to push past the fact that they had nearly been exposed by so many little mistakes that had escalated to something much bigger.

   Cleo had written a secret diary about her 'secret life' as a mermaid; and that same diary just so happened to land in the hands of her little sister—Kim. She had gone through a diabolical scheme (influencing Emma's little brother as well) to expose them at the local Miss Sea Queen pageant.

   However all four mermaids were one step ahead of their young kin and had deceived them by making them think that Miriam was the actual mermaid. When Kim and Elliot's plan had failed, they had come to a conclusion that they were wrong about mermaids and decided to let go of that theory. Cleo had then proceeded to throw the diary at the bottom of the ocean, for no one else to find.

   The second scenario had gotten Emma to show her overly protective older sister to Rikki, and the rest of the group, when she had rescued her little brother from a big wave when he had attempted to show the disinterested blonde his skills. Emma had interrogated her mer-friend as to what exactly happened when she went into the water, which she responded to her leading up question that was "no your little brother did not see my orange tail."

   As later went on, Elliot had developed a crush on his savior, which she had no intention on feeling the same way back. The other girls had warned him to let him down easy so he wont feel led on—besides Sage, of course, due to the fact she still had not understood the concept of 'love'. This then led to an awkward conversation that left Cleo and Lewis a stuttering mess after the american mermaid had asked if they were 'in love' because of how they act towards each other.

   Nevertheless, Rikki did the complete opposite to which she was told and made the younger boy run away. Where he ran away (a garden) had too almost exposed the mermaid, but with a simple flick of a mermaids's wrist they were out in a flash, without a single droplet of water on them.

   Meanwhile, tonight, was a special night, a night the girls had yet to discover what it meant—something Sage has yet to mention to them. Cleo had said an old women visited her at her workplace and made subtle hints about the ocean life, but never revealed she new her secret. But at the moment, Rikki, Cleo and Sage were heading over to Emma's place to help her set up for her father's birthday party.

   As soon as the trio walked in they heard Emma barking orders to her little brother that was tying black balloons to railing besides the stairs.

   "Welcome to my Gothic World." Rikki said with open arms motioning towards all the black balloons that were near the entrance. Sage snickered from beside Cleo.