TWO

TWO: CATCH OF THE DAY

   LEWIS FINDING OUT that all four of the girls were mermaids wasn't planned, neither was Cleo turning into a mermaid at Miriam's party due to Zane's vengeance

   LEWIS FINDING OUT that all four of the girls were mermaids wasn't planned, neither was Cleo turning into a mermaid at Miriam's party due to Zane's vengeance. Luckily the group had made it out of the party before someone saw a fish out of water. The only good outcome was Rikki finding out her power—heat, to match her fiery personality.

   But today seemed to turn into one of those days where Cleo just wasn't feeling the whole mermaid thing. Whenever someone even mentioned the water she would flip. Sage knew Cleo would come around to her mermaid side sooner or later. The moon pool would have never granted her these powers if it didn't believe she was worthy of it. Sage had complete in faith in her, and she knew that she could not be coerced into it. Cleo needed to embrace her newfound self on her own terms.

   "Wait, so where did you become a mermaid?" Lewis asked Sage as he, the said mermaid, Emma and Rikki were seated at a table in the JuiceNet Cafe discussing mer-things, per usual. Before the spotlight was on Sage, Rikki and Emma were talking about how long they could hold their breath underwater, something Sage knew they couldn't beat her at. Their fifteen minutes could not compare to the seventeen hours she could survive underwater.

   The more experienced mermaid straightened up to answer. "I don not remember, no one ever discussed it, so I had no reason to dig around around." She answered before taking a sip of drink. "So tell me again why they put various fruits in this when it only tastes like one?"

   "How long can you hold your breath?" Emma leaned forward angst for the answer.

   "Longer than you could imagine." Sage smiled at her.

   "Can we use our voices to control sailors so their ships can crash and burn?" Rikki asked next, making Sage a little nervous at how she phrased it.

   "Doesn't Cleo's dad spend most of his time on his boat?" Emma narrowed her eyes at Rikki as she sunk back in her seat with arms crossed.

   "So when did you turn a mermaid?" Lewis asked again.

   "What do you mean turned, I have always been a mermaid." The Mako Mermaid knitted her eyebrows together. "You people really do not know your mermaid-ology, do you?"

   "So when I was in diapers, you were splashing around in your tail?" Rikki said, Sage not knowing that was rhetorical nodded her head.

   "Well to be fair everyone in the world thinks you're a myth so there's that." Lewis pointed out. "Is there more facts about mermaids that aren't on the internet? How do you reproduce? What about mer-men?"

   "Lewis, there are just some things that are better hidden under the sea." Sage concluded as they saw Cleo approaching. Lewis had dared to mention something about the mermaids and Cleo giving the same excuse to why she won't cave to her mermaid side. After she made her point she had stormed off, far away from the group. Sage sighed disappointingly as she watched her walked away.