Chapter 7- "I'm Shadow, adopted son of Chaos, heir to his throne"

AN: If you couldn't tell it's always in Percy's POV unless I state otherwise :)

As we hid in the shadows of the throne room, I examined the gods and goddesses. They still looked the same, even after 500 years- I'm not surprised. I glanced at my old father, he looked like a mess.

His hair was messy, his eyes were a dark, sea-green with red rings around them from crying, his shorts and Hawaiian t shirt looked messily thrown on and his expression was stone cold.

I was shocked when I saw Athena comforting him, her hand on his hand, whispering in his ear. Strange.

It was obviously before a meeting because every God was there chatting, apart from Zeus, but they all seemed upset under their usually bright eyes. Strange 2.0.

Then there was a crash of thunder and a blinding lightening strike hit Zeus' throne, bathing it in white light. When the lightening strike disappeared, Zeus was there, sat in his throne.
"God of the skies, more like God of drama" I muttered to Bianca.
She laughed silently, biting her lip.
She had a tendency of doing that- it was cute though.
Don't tell her I said that! She'll kill me because she's technically still a hunter!

"Gods and goddesses" Zeus started, silencing everyone-but Athena still held Poseidon's hand "A very special entity has offered his help in the war by sending his assassins. They should be here soon"

Beck and Silena stepped forward (obviously everyone has their hoods up) then Luke and Zoe, then Bianca.
Finally, I stepped forwards. I stood in the middle so my team were flanking me, we were in an arrow shape- with me at the tip.

Athena's POV

Two people stepped forwards, then another two, then one more person.
They seemed to be wearing white Assassins Creed style outfits with different splashes of colour. Three of them appeared to be female by the style of their clothes and their body shape.

Then, the 'leader' stepped forward. He seemed to be the leader because of his aura, the way the other people looked at him, and his clothes.
They were the same as his friends, but completely black.
"Are you the assassins?" Zeus asked, trying to be calm but he had an edge to his voice- he obviously sensed the leaders aura.
"Yes," the 'leader' said with confidence. "I'm Shadow, adopted son of Chaos, heir to his throne and the leader of my assassins"
Everyone gasped.

He's a son of CHAOS!

The heir to the UNIVERSE!

I couldn't help myself, I needed to ask a few questions.

"Excuse me, who were you before you were adopted?" I said as politely as possible. The room darkened as if we said the word Tartarus.
"I was a demigod." Was all that he said.
"Who was your parent?" I asked.
"None of your business" he growled.
I took that as my queue to stop talking.
Shadow turned to the girl that stood quite close to him, she has magenta coloured markings on her outfit.
"Introduce yourself, please" he said to her and then to his other friends.
The magenta markinged (I don't think that's a word ;D) girl spoke first.

"I am Sty, the healer"

Then the girl with pink markings spoke.

"I'm Beauty, the charm speaker"

Then the girl with yellow markings spoke.

"I'm Star, the archer"

Then the boy with red markings spoke.

"I'm Forge, the mechanic"

Then, finally, the boy with green markings spoke.

"I'm Warrior, the best swordsman, after Shadow of course"

Shadow then walked forwards to the middle of the throne room.
"We have been sent by Chaos to aid you in this war, now bare in mind, we have been all over the Galaxy, and met almost everyone to ever exist. And myself personally, have fought Hyperion, Kronos, Atlas, Polybotes and Gaia. So it shouldn't be much trouble"
The gods and goddesses were gaping at him now.
"We'll be at Camp Half Blood" he finished, he started to walk out of the throne room but Poseidon stood up.
"You said you'd seen almost everyone to ever exist, have you ever come across Perseus Jackson? Please tell me, I'm desperate" he said sadly, tears obviously building in his eyes. I stood up and grabbed his hand before he could burst into tears, I squeezed it with encouragement and told him in a soft voice:
"You can do it Poseidon"
"Thanks Athena" he mumbled, but he didn't look as sad.

Shadow turned to him. Even with his hood up, I could tell he was eyeing Poseidon , like a predator would to its prey.

"I have met Perseus Jackson. In fact I know him better than anyone else." Shadow said.

Poseidon gasped before saying things like:

"Will I see him again?" Or "Is he okay?"

Shadow raised his palm to us, I thought he was gonna shoot a blast from his hand and make us fade but he just went "shh"

"You might see him again. He is fine. Are there any massages you would like to give to him?" Shadow's voice was steely, he obviously knew what had happened and seemed like he would protect Percy at all costs.

"Just tell him that I was under a spell and that I would never have said I was disappointed in him if I was aware of what was happening to me" Poseidon looked utterly broken, it made my heart ache. I wasn't sure why I was comforting ol' Barnacle Beard but I wasn't going to stop when he seemed so vulnerable and crestfallen.

"Okay. I will pass that message to him, Poseidon. But don't look so worried, I'm sure Percy will forgive you" there was a smile peaking out from under his hood- it was crooked and reminded me of Percy. *sigh* Poseidon really missed Percy.

"Thank you, Shadow" Poseidon said before sitting back down in his throne next to Zeus.

Zeus gave Poseidon a small smile before declaring the meeting over, then flashed out to who knows where.

Then my beloved sister Artemis spoke up.

"Since the meeting is over you are all dismissed to your domains" everyone flashed out apart from me, Artemis and Apollo. 

"Okey dokey" Apollo started, strolling over to the assassins "Were you all demigods before you joined Chaos?"

Percy's POV

As soon as that question left his mouth, all my friends tensed up. Especially Luke. I'm not surprised they tensed up really, after all, they were supposed to be dead. 

Since no one seemed to be answering, I spoke up.

"Yes they were" 

"Cool. Do ya wanna tell my what your parents were?" Apollo asked.

"Nope" Sty said very quickly.

(AN: From now on until I say otherwise, I'm gonna call them by their code names :D)

"Alright. Will you ever tell u-"

"Apollo!" Artemis interrupted, a scowl on her face "leave these heroes alone, they have come here to help us and it seems like you're trying to drive them away- respect their privacy! They've obviously had bad experiences so just leave them alone!"

I was shocked that Artemis defending us, considering half of us were male, but I still smiled at her.

"Thank you, Lady Artemis. We will be at Camp Half Blood if you need us. Once again, thank you Lady Artemis" I said before clicking my fingers, and transporting me and my team to Half Blood Hill.