Burning passion ( Shiro's PoV)

I walked out of Keith's room and I felt myself grow angry with Lance. He knows Keith isn't one hundred percent, yet he still feels the need to yell at him. Can't he take a break from fighting with Keith for once? Like, he can physically see how sickly he is. I find Lance in the hallway laughing with Hunk and Pidge, his back to me. Hunk and Pidge saw me and my stone cold expression, and they both glanced at Lance, then to me, then at each other as the turned around and left.
"Hey, where are you two going?" Lance asked. "If you think the Princess does wanna go out with me, you could've just said so-" He called after them, but I put my hand on his shoulder and he jumped out of his skin. He saw it was me and rolled his eyes. "Oh. Hey, Shiro. What's up?"
"Lance, what happened back there?" I asked. He cocked his head to the side.
"Back where? I haven't seen Keith at all today." I gave him a death stare and he just rolled his eyes.
"Lance, you understand that Keith's sick. Why did you feel the need to yell?"
"I have no clue what you're talking about," Lance said as he stuffed his hands into his front pockets and shrugged. I sighed, knowing I wasn't going to get anywhere with arguing with Lance.
"Fine. But just know, if you keep this up, you might tear the team apart." I turned around and was about to leave when I heard a loud thud come from the left side of the hall. The side I'd just come from...
"Keith!" Lance and I yelled in unison. We ran to his room only to find it not opening. I started pounding on the door when Allura, Coran, Hunk, and Pidge came running down from separate sides of the hall.
"What's happening over here?" Coran asked.
"We heard something drop here and now Keith's door isn't opening." Lance said nervously. Allura and Coran exchanged glances.
"That's not possible. None of the doors in the castle are currently locked. I was just checking the castle's security and nothing was closed off." Allura said.
"Then explain why the door won't ope-" I was cut off by a clicking noise heard from the other side of the door. I punched it with my Galra arm and the door finally opened. On the floor, Keith laid unconscious, white as a ghost, his eyes sullen against his skin.
"Keith!" I ran over to him, Allura on the other side to me. Hunk, Pidge, and Coran stood behind us, while Lance stood at the doorway. I placed my hand on the side of Keith's face and flinched. His skin was burning to the touch. Allura could tell how bad he was just by seeing my reaction.
"I'll go prepare a Healing Pod for him. Lance," Lance's ears perked up when the princess said his name. "I need you to come with me and Coran. The rest of you, stay here and help Keith as much as possible."
"Of course, princess." Pidge spoke for all of us. Lance, Allura, and Coran ran down to the Medical hanger to ready a pod. Meanwhile, Pidge, Hunk and I made sure Keith wouldn't get worse, but even with our attempts, his temperature was rising by the minute. His face was beaded with sweat, and his breathing became uneven.
"He's getting worse." I muttered. I put my headset on and said, "Allura, is the pod ready yet?"
"Almost. Just a few more doboshes. How's Keith?" She responded.
"He's getting worse. We need the pod as soon as possible." As I said that, Keith's face looked pained. He must be in a serious amount of pain right now.
"Allura, we need the pod NOW!" I raised my voice to show urgency.
"Done! Bring him down here immediately!" Coran shouted. I picked up Keith and let his head rest on my shoulder as me, Pidge, and Hunk ran to the Medical hanger. I looked down at Keith's pained face, feeling the heat from it.
"Hang in there, buddy." I muttered under my breath as we reached the Medical Hanger.