Fired Up Fever (Lance)

(TW: Vomiting, Emeto)

A few hours later, I hear Keith whimpering and I felt his hands cling onto my shirt. I look down at him and his face looked pained, tears threatening to roll down his face. I noticed his ears had disappeared, but I also noticed the pain evident when he whimpered.

"Kitty? You okay?" I asked him. He whimpered in response. Then I realized how hot near his head was. I shifted and placed my hand on his head. I winced. His fever was really high.

"Jesus, Keith you're on fire..." I whisper. Keith groaned and held his stomach. He muttered something.

"What did you say?" I ask quietly.

"B-Bath..." Keith's hand flung to his mouth. I understood and quickly got him up and to the bathroom. I brought him there and he fell over the toilet and started throwing up.

"Oh, Keith." I muttered, sitting next to Keith and rubbing his back. Keith whimpered and held his stomach.

"You done?" I ask him. He shook his head no. He whimpered quietly and held his stomach.

"S-scared to..." Keith said through clenched teeth, his ears falling down. I look at him with sorry eyes. Of course Keith had emetophobia. What I was wondering is how he had anything to throw up. He hasn't eaten anything since he'd been back and who knows when he ate before that. Tears fell down his face and onto the cold floor as he held his stomach again, whimpering.

"Keith, I know you don't want to, but it'll feel better if you let it out." I say quietly. Keith shook his head, but after a while, Keith started dry-heaving, eventually vomiting. I sighed while I rubbed his back during the vomiting fit. Tears fell down Keith's face while he threw up. After a while, Keith stopped puking his guts out.

"Hey, you good?" I ask him. He nods hastily before trying to stand up. He failed though, and immediately started falling over. I shoot up and catch him before he fell.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't do that. You're exhausted." Keith nods his head into my shoulder and uses me as a balance. I smile and pick him up. He squeaked and I couldn't contain myself.

"Aww. That was cute." I smiled and blushed while Keith turned redder than he was already. I could tell he was blushing, but at the same time, I was worried for him. Keith yawned and put his head on my shoulder. I blushed and smiled.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." I say. Keith nodded, his eyes fluttering to stay awake. I walked out of the bathroom and i felt a soft thud on my shoulder. I looked down and Keith was fast asleep on my shoulder, his ears back to normal. I smiled down at him. The heat on my shoulder was concerning, but there was a washcloth still in Keith's room that I could grab after I put Keith to bed. I carried Keith to my room seeing as it was closer and we passed Hunk on the way back.

"Oh, hey, La-What's wrong wi-!" Hunk's voice progressively got louder, but I shushed him before he could get louder. Keith moaned before going back to sleep, resting his head on my shoulder. Keith's cheek burned my shoulder.

"He's sick. I'm not sure if he picked up something while he was captured or if this is what he had before that, but I was just taking him back to my room." I tell Hunk quietly. He understood and nodded.

"Okay. Lemme know if you need any help." Hunk whispered. I nodded before walking off, Keith still sleeping soundly on my shoulder. I reached my room and Keith started whimpering. I placed him on the bed and he continued whimpering. I felt Keith's forehead and his fever was spiking.

"Crap, Keith, you're burning up..." I whisper. Keith started crying quietly and gripped his shirt, his breathing shallow.

"Keith, calm down, you're okay. Nothing's going to happen t-" I started, but Keith shot up and screamed shortly before hugging his side and covering his mouth. My eyes widened and I quickly grabbed a nearby trashcan to give him. Keith grabbed it and immediately started throwing up. I sat on the bed behind him and rubbed his back as  the vomiting fit continued. Whatever fear Keith had earlier was out the window as Keith puked his guts out. Keith started dry heaving and my face grew concerned. First off, how had Keith thrown up so much and not had eaten anything in who knows how long? Second, what had he just dreamed about before that would start this? Keith started coughing harshly and it didn't sound safe at all.

"Take it easy, Keith. We don't want you hurting yourself." I say softly. Keith eventually stopped coughing and dry heaving and just started sobbing silently.

"I-I'm sorry..." he whispered. Keith hid his face in his hands, crying silently. His ears flipped up and immediately went down, like a sad puppy. I almost wouldn't have thought he was crying if I hadn't seen the tears myself, which terrified me.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." I whisper. Keith shook his head and hid his face. I sighed, got up, and sat in front of him, moving the trashcan out of the way. "Keith, it's okay. Hey, look at me." I say, lifting his face up so I could see him. Keith's ears were pressed down, tears racing down his face. His lower lip was stuck out in a pout and quivering, quiet whimpers coming from his chest.

"Hey, you did nothing wrong. You know that, right? It was just a nightmare." I whisper. "Whatever you just saw, whatever your thoughts are right now, just know that it wasn't real. You're not wherever you thought you were. You're here, in the Castle of Lions, with me, Lance McClain, in my room." I whisper. I try to keep my voice as soft and quiet as possible with him still able to hear me in fear of setting off another panic attack. Keith visibly eased up, releasing whatever restraints he had. He started sobbing and covered his mouth, gluing his eyes shut. His small figure racked from sobs as I wrapped my arms around Keith's torso and he placed his around my neck. He tried his face into my shoulder and sobbed, his wails echoing through the room. I felt the strings of my heart tug with each broken wail that came out of Keith.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Oh my god," I whisper, "It's okay. I promise you you're fine. Everything's okay. You're safe." I didn't know if I was comforting Keith or myself at this point. Keith gripped my jacket and I hugged him back.

"P-please... D-Don't leave m-me... I d-don't want it t-t-to hurt a-anymore..." Keith sobbed. I felt tears roll down my face as I took a deep breath.

"No, no I'll never leave you, Keith. I never want you to feel that pain again. You went through God knows what. You should never have had to deal with those things in the first place and I'm so sorry that you did." I say, tears racing down my face as I rub my hand up and down his back. Keith suddenly pushed himself off me and curled up on the other side of the bed, panting. My fears immediately were confirmed once Keith started gripping his ears.

"Keith, hey, stay with me here. You're okay, it's okay. Nothing's going to hurt you." I say quietly, Keith's wild eyes averting mine. "hey, babe, look at me." I say quietly. I don't know why I keep calling him that, but it feels natural. Keith's eyes met my gentle ones and I smiled.

"Hey, there's the beauty I know." I whisper. Keith's breathing picked up again and his eyes looked down. "Hey, hey, no. None of that. Look at me, Keith. You're okay. It's okay, Keith - Hey, look at me." Keith's eyes started to leave my gaze as he made a choking sound. He sounded like he was in so much pain,  and it hurt me so badly to see him in so much pain and misery.

"Hey, baby, look at me. I need you to look at me, okay?" I said, lifting Keith's face up with my hand and feeling the intense heat coming off his face.

His fever's spiking again. Perfect, I thought. Just what he needed while having a panic attack.

Keith eventually passed out against my chest, exhausted and shaking. I felt terrible for him; In addition to having a high fever, he also had to deal with whatever shit the Galran put him through when he was captured. Keith cuddled closer to my chest and I smiled sadly, playing with his messy hair. Keith's soft breathing had finally evened out and he was knocked out cold. I smiled and started scrolling through my phone until I also fell asleep, Keith's warmth still on my chest.

(???)

I walked into Lance's room, wanting to ask him about his bayard when I saw him.

Keith.

Sleeping on Lance's chest.

My heart stopped and I felt a strong surge of anger run through me. Who does Keith think he is? He and Lance fought almost 24/7. What was with the sudden change of pace? I felt my arm glow, but I breathed out, waiting for the surge of anger to stop. I returned back to normal, smiling genuinely at my little brother finally being happy before leaving the two in silence.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah I'm evil.