[04]

*Edited*

*Edited*

---

"Okay Bella, stop looking over there. I'm all for a bit of light stalking, like scrolling through someone's Instagram until you get seventy two weeks deep and suddenly become stealthy as fuck trying to not like a photo accidentally, but chill," I rambled, making Bells look away from the Cullen's table. She glared at me. "Then you do like their picture and go and set yourself on fire because that's inevitably less painful than facing the facts," I finished, sending her a smile.

"I'm not looking over there," she denied.

I placed a hand on her shoulder, "The first step to recovery is acceptance Bell-Bell."

She shrugged off my hand.

"You're such a freak," she muttered. I gasped, feigning hurt.

"Says the one staring at them," I retorted. She glared once again. "Also shut your mouth, you'll catch flies," I added, patting her chin. Cue the next glare.

"You're such a-"

"Bitch? Dude, I'm stating the truth, your obsession with a guy you've met like once is dumb and quite frankly unhealthy," I paused. "Maybe we should put you in rehab," I suggested, jokingly.

"Shut up Sky," she groaned, shoving me.

"Fucking fight me, Bella," I shot back. "Actually please do because then I get sent home and don't have to do history," I added.

"Why? You love history."

"Not when it's the Civil War again. What's that, like the fifth time. We get it the South were dicks the North were dicks, liberation. I mean yay for that but still. The only Civil War I'm interested in is Captain America," I told her. "I can't go back man," I spoke, holding her arms. She pulled away, rolling her eyes.

"You used to love it."

"When I was learning it the first time," I replied. "This is all just dumb," I moaned, slamming my head on the table. 

Jessica stared at me, "The Cullen's are staring at you."

"Because Bella keeps staring at them." My voice came out muffled.

"No, they're staring at you, Sky," Jessica told me. I glanced up at her before glancing at them, sure enough they were.

I shrugged, "Maybe they heard my complaining, I don't know and honestly don't care. Let them stare at me. If they wanna look at me just look at my Instagram, there are plenty of selfies on there." I put my head back on the table, my arms covering me. "Are they still looking?" I questioned after a long pause.

"Yeah." I heard.

"Someone tell them to just go on the fucking internet and look at some pictures of me or something because I'm too lazy to move," I mumbled, my voice even more muffled by my arms.

"Sky, lift your head, for God sake," Bella scolded, prying my arms away from my head. I lifted my head and glared. "They were probably staring at you because you keep slamming your head on the table," she told me, glaring back.

"You can fight me," I muttered, trying to put my head back on the table. Bella stopped me, pushing me back. "I have a lot of anger, try me." I glared.

---

History was a bore. The teacher droned on and on and on about the Civil War, everything I already knew. I almost groaned as I glanced at the clock, we were only like ten minutes in. The teacher seemed to notice my lack of focus and called my name. 

"Skylar! Care to share with the class what you were thinking about?" The teacher barked. 

"I was just thinking about how many times I've had to learn this," I replied, smiling sweetly at the teacher. 

"Then would you like to tell us what you'd rather be doing?" 

"I would rather be at home, but since that probably wasn't what you were asking: I'd rather be learning about the Civil Rights movement, the Native Americans, I don't really care, as long as it's something interesting," I told them, shrugging.

"Are you implying that the Civil War isn't interesting?" The teacher pressed, walking closer to me. 

"That's twisting my words. No, it is interesting but I'd rather learn about something that I haven't already. Besides half of this class will probably argue that the war was about money not slavery," I argued. "You're teaching the white washed version of events." A kid in the back of the class decided to speak.

"Well it was."

"Oh my God, how dumb can you get?" I asked as I turned to him, the amusement evident in my voice. "It's so easy to say that when your family wasn't the currency. When your ancestors weren't the ones that were beaten and worked to death, that were raped and killed, so please refrain from giving your dumb as shit opinion that makes me want to punch you."

"Skylar!" The teacher yelled. 

"What? Just because I have an opinion and just because that opinion happens to go against what you believe? Do you have any idea what it's like to have to sit back and listen to people argue that it wasn't about slavery? It sucks and for you guys to believe that makes me so angry, but if I lash out, bye bye me," I spoke, angrily. 

I wanted nothing more than to just leave. 

"I bet most of you don't even know that slave owners ate those they enslaved sometimes. There is literally a book on it. If you want to know how enslaved people were treated then an history lesson is not how you're going to learn it. This bullshit system is made to benefit white people, to get rid of your white guilt. This whole thing is bullshit!"

"You need to-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be at the Principal's office," I muttered. I grabbed my bag. I stormed out, leaving a dumbfounded class and an angry teacher. I honestly didn't care, I was too angry to.