p r o l o g u e

[EDITED]

"What the hell?" I look at my husband and someone I thought was a best friend on his desk.

"Baby, it's not what it looks like" He stumbles on his feet standing, attempting to pull his work pants up.

"Save it! This is why you have been distant with me because you were seeing her! I can't believe you!" My back hits the wall.

He walks towards me slowly, scared "Please baby I just--I don't know it was a mistake I swear!" He looks me in the eye trying to get my hands, but I slap them away.

"No Nick! The only mistake was trusting you!" I turn and walk away not before turning my head "Be ready to sign the divorce papers!" I sprint to the elevator with tears falling freely down my face

__

When I get home I immediately grab my suitcase and start packing. To think I was actually going to tell him!

I shake my head in shame getting the things I own leaving behind everything he bought for me. I hear the front door slam and move rapidly around the room knowing he's here.

"Baby please" He pleads.

I ignore him walking back and forth quickly getting my things, I cannot believe he has the audacity to come here right now and try and talk to me.

Pathetic.

"Annie look at me please!"

I have had enough of his shit.

I zip up my suitcase "No Nick you listen and you listen good! I have been a loyal wife to you for 3 years! I gave up everything for you and this is how you repay me!?" I know I'm shouting but I can't stop, the tears come down my cheeks and I wipe them off angrily.

"But An-Annie I'm so sorry I didn't mean it-its just" he huffs "I just, I was being stupid and was just thinking at the moment, it meant nothing baby I swear I wish I could take it back, I don't know why I did it, to distract myself?" He looks down in shame, tears threatening to come out

"So this is how you find a way to distract yourself! Really?" I harshly grab my suitcase walking out, I've had enough of this.

I huff out in frustration grabbing my hair and slowly shake my head "You know what Nick."I slap my hands at my sides, "have a nice life! I'm done! You can go sleep with whoever you want now without worrying about a wife to come home too!"

With that, I run down the stairs and get in the Uber "Where to Mam?" I see Nick running out the front door shouting for me to come back.

"To the airport please" With one last look I turn away from the man I once loved.

☆☆☆

Edited:✔️

Word count:474