Chapter 3: The Bad News

Albus Dumbledore was sitting at his desk trying to find the best person for the DADA position. He sighed hating the curse that Voldemort put on those who came to teach.

His thoughts about the staff were inturrupted when an unknown owl flew in. "Hello, little bird."

He unfolded the letter to find tiny cramped handwriting. The ink trailed off making Albus think that whoever wrote him, their hand was shaking. It read,

Albus
Harry Potter is a mess! There isn't one inch of him that isn't covered with bruises, cuts, burns and dried blood. His uncle hates him. He even sexually abuses his own wife. It got worse after Petunia had that miscarriage. If you don't help the boy now, how can you expect him to help us?

Arabella Figg

"Marlins beard." Albus swore. He looked up at the portraits of the deceased heads of the school. "Phineas, could you go contact Sirius? Tell him it's urgent!" Albus stated sharply.

Phineas released a long sigh. "If I must." He drawled.

He left while Albus flooed to Remus Lupins tiny house.

"Who's there?" Remus asked spinning around his wand at the ready to attack. When get saw it was Albus he lowered his wand. "Evening, can I help you."

"Harry Potter, now come on." Albus said seizing the sandy haired man's wrist. Seconds later the pair was looking into the stormy grey eyes of Sirius Black.

"Remus!" Sirius' worried face broke into a grin.

The former didn't crack a smile. "Heard you got out. How?"

"They finally got me a trial with Vertissrum. You should know how hard it is to lie under its influence." Sirius cooked his head like a dog.

"Did you being me here to rehash old memories Albus?" Remus asked losing his patience.

"No, read this letter you two. I will say yes to the request you asked me of for the last seven years." Albus explained.

The two ex friends looked at the headmaster curiously, but their expressions darkened by the distress letter Arabella Figg sent.

"It's about damn time Albus!" Sirius bellowed. "I have half a mind to transfigured you into a bat."

"I would have deserved it." Albus said bowing his head. "Harry needs you both, put aside your differences for him. Please." Albus said.

"Were not finished with you Albus, not by a long shot." Remus growled as the two stepped into the fireplace.