Chapter 79: A Quiet Summer

Later that night, Harry told Petunia he needed to go for a walk. He left the house and went to the park nearby.

Taking out his wand, Harry made a small corcle around him that others could not see or hear anything.

Harry held the locket in his hand, he felt an artifical heart beating. He knew that he had to open the locket to destroy it. He placed the locket on the merry go round and took the enlarged basilisk fang in his hand, over the locket ready to stab. 

"Open." Harry hissed.

The locket opened and before anything appeared, Harry stabbed it dead. The locket screamed, but the windows were broken. Satisfied, Harry took the locket and removed the enchantments.

He walked back to Petunias house. When he got there, he was surprised to find Hedwig in the front room.

"Harry, is that your owl?" Petunia asked.

"Yes Hedwig. Hey girl, why dont you rest. Aunt Petunia, I need to visit Dumbledore a moment."

"Ok. But hurry back." Petunia fretted

Harry threw some powder and stuck his head in. "Howarts, headmaster's office!"

"Potter!" Snape yelled.  Harry knew Snape wasnt alone, if he was, he would have shown his worry.

"Can I come through? I have something to deliver, you dungeon bat." Harry scowled.

"Like I could deny you anything." Snaoe said in a monotone voice.

Harry stepped through to find himself in the company of McGonagall. "Hello Professor. How are you?"

"Potter?! What are you doing here?! You should be enjoying your holiday!" McGonagall sputtered.

"I- uh.." For once, Harry was at a loss for words.

"I invited him to come Minerva. He asked for an extention on his final essay so hes here to give it to me. Shall we go to my office?" Snape asked.

Harry nodded mutely still glaring at the man. Minerva inwardly sighed, if only Severus could see past Harrys physical traits.

*

"Wheres Dumbledore?" Harry asked at once.

"Business trip in Australia. He'll be gone for two weeks. Is that another Horcrux?" Snape eyed the locket.

"Yup. Please hand it to Dumbledore with my reguards. Now I must go or my aunt will have a fit. May I?" Harry gestured to Snapes fireplace.

"Of course."

"#4 Privet Drive! Bye Sir and ill keep you posted." Harry stepped through.

*

Hermione hated being away from Harry. Two weeks had passed. Yes he did see her every night through their mirrors but it wasnt the same. She missed his hugs and his overall presence.

Harry too, was missing Hermione. Petunia knew the two were an item, even though Harry never told Petunia directly.

In the mornings, Petunia would make them both breakfast. Then she'd go to work as a concierge at a five star hotel from 8 am to 4 pm.

Harry would pass the time watching Tv, reading his portable library or keeping the house clean. At noon, hed walk over and have lunch with his aunt.