Chapter 23 - Valley of death

"Rebecca, what is the necromancer doing?" Mandolin asks.

She looks up and sees a death mist spread across the ground. The dead tried to rise again but instead, flames roared high and is drawn into a funnel. They watch as he holds up a rune that sucks up the fiery dragon's fire. He opens his satchel and drops the ruin inside. He then uses the same black mist to suffocate the remaining flames.

With a wave of a skeletal hand, one platoon of skeletons rushes across the battlefield and starts to clean it up.

Marilyn raises her bow.

"Put down your bow. If he wanted to attack he would send out more than just a small platoon of skeletons. He promised me that the attack is over. I have some information to get. I have seen with my own eyes that Drachna can not pass the mountain range. I want to know when the Golden gate was built and how long ago Drachna came to power. There is a phoenix that can give me an answer on the subject," says Rebecca.

Earl comes up to her. "Your majesty. The infantry is ready to push the enemy back."

"They can stand down. The situation is under control. As a security measure, they can keep watch on the city for the remainder of the night. Give the final orders then you can go home. Good night commander," Rebecca says as she turns around.

"Come on Marilyn. I am going to bed," Rebecca says.

"What about..." Marilyn starts.

Rebecca stops short of the gate parapet and cuts Marilyn's protest short. "I have the situation under control. I've got his soul amulet. He gave it to me as a sign of trust. I can not just throw his leap of faith into his face. I will give him a chance, but if he plays me, he is on his own. As he said the enemy of my enemy is my ally. Good night."

Rebecca didn't look back. She takes the stairs down. Rebecca makes her way to Dawn castle on horseback.

 Rebecca makes her way to Dawn castle on horseback

(Rebecca's choice of weapon. 😏)

Just after the royal ball, Rebecca and Lila leave for the Valley of death. Leaving Lisa to do the diplomatic work.

Rebecca creates a mirror sheet using water. She swirls it into a smooth flat sheet. "Lisa. Good morning sleepy head." Rebecca says as she is watching Lisa stir from her bed."

"Urgh. Just five more minutes," Lisa slurs.

"Get, your lazy butt out of bed! There are a few things I need you to organize!" says Rebecca with authority.

Lisa flies into a sitting position in her bed. Her curly blonde hair standing at odd angles. She turns her face towards Rebecca and shoots her friend a disgusted look.