Seven: The Deal

"I'm not coming home tonight
because dear I fear, dear I fear
I'm not coming home tonight
because dear I fear
This ship is sinking
Is there hope for us?
Can we make it out alive?
I can taste the failure on your lips"

-------------------

"I can't leave you alone in the house in this state, so I called Jordan to stay with you until I come back. Is that okay with you?" Matt said.

"Where are you going?"

"I, they... They called me from work, and I need to sign few papers for the new project... I won't be long don't worry. Jordan will keep you company." He replied nervously.

"Yeah okay." Jason said monotonously.

Matt got out of the room and rushed to the door as he heard the bell ringing signaling that his brother has arrived.

"You're fucking late. I told you I need all the time I can get." Matt hissed through clenched teeth making sure his voice was low enough that his friend can't hear.

"I'm sorry. Emma wanted me to drop her at the mall and you know how grumpy she gets when she doesn't get what she wants." Jordan rubbed his neck feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah yeah. Now go up and take care of him. I explained to you everything you have to do." Matt said closing the door behind him.

"Stop worrying. He'll be okay. Besides, I got him a Blu-Ray copy of Now You See Me 2. I still remember how much he fangirled over the first one." Jordan smiled. "Everything is covered up. You can go on your secret mission in peace."

"Oooookay that's great. Now up up up." Matt pushed his brother up the stairs to Jason's room.

When he opened the door he found Jason in the same position he left him in; lying on his back and staring at the ceiling. And this is exactly why he was leaving him for few hours today.

"Jay, I'm leaving now. I won't be long as I told you. And Jordan has a surprise for you!" He faked the excitement in his voice. He then grabbed his car keys from the bed table, heading outside the room.

Jason managed to lift the corner of his lips to pull a small smile welcoming Jordan.

"Okay so I'll get the snacks ready so we can watch my surprise in peace..." Jordan laughed as he started preparing the perfect evening.

________

Matt's POV:

I got out of my car and slammed the door shut behind me. I looked at the house in front of me trying to remember the last time I was here.

------

"Pamela please. You don't have to do this. We can still solve it." Matt begged her to listen to him one last time.

"I can't do this anymore Matt. You don't see how he is. You're not there with him every day, every night. I AM THE ONE who's suffering the most. And I just can't remain helpless pretending that tomorrow will be better like all of you do." She shook her head sitting down on the chair in the garden. Taking a long breath she continued, "I wake up every day terrified of not finding him next to me."

A tear rolled down her cheek as she clenched her fists together.

"He drinks every night until he forgets who he is whether at home or at a bar. And it gets worse, because when he's out, it always ends with him fighting a bunch of guys, dangerous guys Matt. And he comes back home a bloody pulp. He keeps sinking deeper and deeper."