Nine: Last string of hope

"We're just two wrong souls that met at the wrong time
So just go your way and I'll go mine
You'll be alone with someone new until the day that you die
And I'll watch from afar to make sure you're alright"
----------------

Pamela's POV:

I got inside the car and we took off to our unknown destination. I heard Michael mumbling under his breath; he was still mad obviously. But I couldn't care less, as long as he stayed away from him.

I rested my head on the window shutting my eyes, as my thoughts teleported me back to yesterday.

"Pamela I beg you..."
"I'm nothing without you..."

I was stuck in a loop, his voice the only thing I have. And despite my attempts to hide any source of weakness, I couldn't control anymore the tears that were escaping my eyes.

"Stop crying." He spat.

I didn't want to respond. I didn't want to hear him. Especially not now. It was already torturing enough to bear his presence all this time, and he never made it any easier on me. It's like in this twisted mind of his, he loves to see me in pain. And he wanted to inflict more.

"You're pathetic. Seriously." He said in an oddly calm tone.

That was it for me. I couldn't hold myself back anymore, as I just wanted to break his neck by now.

"Funny, coming from the person who did all of this just for a girl." I swallowed hard, going on; "YOU forced Jason to dive into this world. YOU tricked him and used his vulnerability in your favor so he could borrow more and more money from you so you could control the both of us. YOU convinced him that getting wasted and gambling all night long could be of any help to him. And when your bait was all set, you manipulated me easily because you knew I'd do anything to keep him out of harm and away from your disgusting game. YOU made me lie to the only man my heart has ever beaten for. And you fucking stopped at nothing!! You put my life at risk, as a threat, a last warning, when you knew that Jason was planning on stopping this stupid thing." I laughed sarcastically before continuing, "AND ALL OF THAT FOR WHAT? JUST TO FUCKING HAVE ME. AND HERE I AM. SO BRAVO! I congratulate your sorry ass."

I took a long breath before finishing what I had kept locked deep inside for a month. "So who's the pathetic one huh?"

Suddenly, all my body was shaken as Michael slammed on the breaks abruptly and parked sideways, making my head bounce forward almost hitting the window.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"A lot of things actually. But this is not our topic now." He laughed bitterly before putting his hand on my left thigh.

"TAKE YOUR FILTHY HAND OFF OF ME!"

He held it in a firm grip signaling that I'm under his control.

"See, you're not 'just a girl' baby, you're a VERY brave girl, and a fierce one too, with a big mouth. But you're also stupid. Care to know why?" Enjoyment evident in his tone.

I turned my head to the right side not wanting to answer.

"See why you're stupid baby? BECAUSE YOU'RE TESTING MY FUCKING PATIENCE!"

And before I knew it he grabbed my chin in his hand and span my head around, forcing me to face him. My heart started pumping wildly in my chest as he came closer until I was feeling his breath on my cheek.

"You Are Mine."

"Never." I hissed through clenched teeth.

He shot me a deadly look before letting me go and driving off again.