Fifteen: Big reveal

"I feel like there are two types of people in this world. The ones that can get over their grief and move on, and the ones that descend into some sort of endless misery."
----------

He scanned her perfect body as she walked down the stairs wearing a tight short black dress that was highlighting her figure. Her hair was set loose to its wavy nature, swinging slightly until she stood in front of him.

"Take me out."

Giving her a second hard look, "Where do you wanna go?" He asked.

"To the bar. I wanna dance."

"Dressed like that?"

"Are you going to take me or should i go by myself?"

He gave in knowing he can't keep her locked in like a pet. Besides, what wrong could happen while he's with her?

"No, I'm taking you. Wait here." He ordered, as she sat on the couch and poured herself a glass of bourbon, getting ready for the night.
_______________

Walking into the loud and crowded bar, he held her by the arm forcing her face closer to his. "Don't you dare get out of my sight." He warned, earning a glare from her.

He wasn't worried about losing her, hence losing Jason's weak card, he just didn't want anyone approaching her.

He bumped fists with some guys he knew on their way to their table while she followed close behind him, disregarding the looks on her. They all knew he was a fuckboy, but she looked different from the usual girls he brought with him. She was of a different beauty, and he even looked different around her; more careful, even more dangerous. No guy dared looking at Michael's girl, and the ones who did earned a black look from him urging them to turn around. No one wanted to mess with him.

"Did you pick your drink?" He raised his voice so she could hear him over the loud music.

She replied with a nod before showing it to him on the menu.

"Okay. Don't move, i'll be right back." He said, leaving her to head for the bar, earning an eye roll.

Her eyes were adjusting to the imminent darkness, and the sudden neon light that illuminated the club every few seconds. Different faces, haircuts and cleavage of the crowd stood out, while others disappeared into the contrasting blackness. "How many of these people were happy? How many would make love tonight? How many are drinking their pain away like her? And how many would die tonight?" She wondered, but these were just more unanswered questions to add to her collection.

Many couples caught her eyes; they were dancing and laughing, some were kissing too. Others were with a group of friends to pass time. She remembered when she used to go out with her friends to party before she found Jason. She didn't really have true friends, they were just persons to hang out with. Her one true friend, Jennifer had to move out of the neighborhood into another region shortly after she had met Jason. "You'll be okay as long as you have him," she recalls her saying; little did she know. The separation caused yet another tear in her heart because sadly their friendship couldn't survive the long miles and both their busy lives.

"Here, cheers." He gave her the drink and clinked it with his before watching her eyes widen at some sight.

He turned his head fast to where she was looking, to see Jason entering the bar with an unknown girl.

She felt her heart sink to the floor not knowing how to react. She was angry, furious at the sight of him with another girl. She was embarrassed, disbelieving; seeing her here with Michael would only confirm Jason's doubts. How could she explain this? But still in a deep piece of her heart she felt warm that he's well and standing in front of her.